The TV Thread redux

Is that a documentary or a reconstruction?

TBH, I found the news coverage at the time to be disturbing enough.

1 Like

Think itā€™s the proper thing.

I actually sometimes pass down the exact street where it all started on the way to work, I shouldnā€™t really as itā€™s only taxiā€™s and buses between 7-7. Hasnā€™t changed all that much.

1 Like

Coming to the end of the current season of For All Mankind. So far itā€™s been a bit disappointing. Still very watchable, but just not the pull the first 3 seasons had. I think the idea is just a bit worn out. The closer it gets to present time the more it feels like a bog standard sci fiā€¦or soap opera in spaceā€¦ than the fascinating what if alternative history is started out as.

1 Like

Watched first few episodes of Masters of the Air, pretty good so far. What those guys had to fly through was nuts.

1 Like

I would have thought the shells would clog up the enginesā€¦

About a year ago my long time TV broke and I so I bought a new one which incidentally came with a 3 month free trial for Apple TV which I forgot all about until yesterday when I saw a pop-up message saying the offer was due to expire.

Iā€™ve been thinking of subbing to Apple TV since before Christmas because I really wanted to watch Monarch and Slow Horses, and there always seems to be new shows appearing that sound good but the only online offer I could find was a free trial for a week, so didnā€™t sub.

Now I have and was happy to discover they have loads of Snoopy stuff on there too! Last night my daughter got to discover Fraggle Rock :rofl:.

Canā€™t wait to start watching stuff people on here have been talking about for ages :rofl:

1 Like

I think we have that lined up. We tried For All Mankind and my wife wasnā€™t fussed after the first episode. Iā€™m trying a couple more this afternoon.

We did watch a couple of episodes of Ted Lasso and loved it. I suggested that it had a feel of Mike Bassett: England Manager about it. My wife said she thought it is what Liverpoolā€™s next manager will be like. I told her to shut the fuck up.

1 Like

Tough decision as to what to watch first via Apple. Slow Horses, Monarch and High Desert all at the top of my watchlist (Klopp leaving has put me off Ted Lasso for the moment lol) ā€¦went with Slow Horses first and absolutely love it so far!

Have listened to the audiobook before but it still feels totally new.

1 Like

There is a good amount of Japanese and Korean content on it as well. I think I mentioned in my previous post that Im eagerly waiting to start Pachinko, just need to get my (Korean) partner to actually take time to actually watch some telly for us to start it

Damn, Saturday night without an episode of Reacher ainā€™t right

Season 3 is in production.

Pachinko is on my list too. Do you have any recommendations on the other Japanese/ Korean stuff on there?

My wife loves watching Korean shows and when on her own probably splits her tv watching 75% Korean/ 25% Thai.

Slow Horses is awesome, Iā€™ve also recently starting watching Foundation and enjoying that too. If you enjoyed something like the Expanse, be sure to check it out.

1 Like

Thanks. I think i watched the first 3 seasons of Expanse and liked it a lot. Must get back into it. Will definitely give foundation a go in that case.

1 Like

I was thinking the same but then Jackson Lamb walked into my life :rofl:

Gary Oldman Applause GIF by Apple TV+

ā€œIts not a joke, its the proclaimersā€ Ā°šŸ¤£

1 Like

Based on a True Story

How can we make a series with a serial killer funny and quirky. This does just that through the idea of a podcast.

Kaley Cuoco as smoking hot as I remember, pretty much plays the same character in this as the last show I saw her in.

Do you have any recommendations on the other Japanese/ Korean stuff on there?

Still on Netflixā€¦

GyeongSeong Creature - 9/10
Mr Sunshine - 9/10

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s pretty good. I have watched the first few episodes and now waiting for the release of the rest to watch in one go.

1 Like

No recommendations as I havent seen any. Just thought it was notable when I started scanning their library.

1 Like

need proof. send pics