The TV Thread redux

Someone did a side by side video of Star Wars and Dambusters and some of it is shot for shot.

2 Likes

No, it wasnā€™t all about fan baiting. The failure is purely bad writing. No agenda, no identity politics, no blatant racism, itā€™s all in your headā€¦ā€¦.

Now mentally re-work that sentence. Ah equality, donā€™t you just love it?

Itā€™s a satirical news programme. In different circumstances it would totally work.

1 Like

Itā€™s from a 6 yr old interview promoting a completely different movie.

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m man enough to accept a mistake then.

1 Like

Fisher perceived her role as so much of an action heroine she told George that for the third one he needed to make viewers remember that she is actually a woman, hence the slave bikini scene (in which she still acted like someone Linda Hamilton would learn from). The idea girl bosses and star wars are not compatible is something that can only be said by people who ignore the first 3 films.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you understand what I mean by unstoppable girl boss. Did she match Vader first time she met him with a lightsaber? Rey says hello.

Yeah loads of those.

1 Like

I think we need further explanation on this one, T2 Linda Hamilton would make Ripley run away screaming for her mum.

The problem with Rey was that she didnā€™t have a heroā€™s journey. She is written as being brilliant at everything without trying that hard. Itā€™s really unsatisfactory.

By the did anyone watch Doctor Who this week. What an episode. And that ending. Jesus Christ. Thatā€™s how you make a political point.

1 Like

I amused that a friend of mine refused to watch more than five minutes of The Acolyte because there was a fire in space. He says he is never watching Star Wars again.

I mean there is the awful writing, the dialogue, the characters, the plot and the direction, but the point he gave up was because Star Wars couldnā€™t get physics right.

4 Likes

There was a series on ITV a few years ago called Primeval. It involved holes in time that allowed instantaneous travel across millions of years and various unlikely prehistoric beasties to travel across time, including an infeasibly cute flying lizard that shacked up with Hannah Spearritt who spent most of her time dancing around her flat in her knickers.

I was perfectly fine with all that hokum, but when a scientist decided to determine the sex of a skeleton by counting its ribs, I blew my fucking top.

6 Likes

I thought the deception on that was brilliant. There were a couple of lines early on that felt a bit off but I ran with it. The final 10 minutes blindsided it.

Interestingly, my wife thought it was going to be a Time Machine pastiche, and it still works on that basis, but what they did with it was brutal.

watched the Acolyte (ep 1 and 2) last night.

enjoyed it. im not sure people even have reasonable expectations from the star wars universe anymoreā€¦as for the Value for money Disney got? whateverā€¦doesnt com into my thinking when watching it on the couch with the kidsā€¦

EDITā€¦makes me laugh when people talk about the star wars universe being ā€˜ruinedā€™ā€¦if i look at ā€˜the acolyteā€™ or the latest animation with Baris and the nightsisterā€¦then directly compare it to ā€˜a new hopeā€™ā€¦i cant say i like them more, but its not like Shakespeare vs Mrs Browns Boys or anythingā€¦ its the same formula, 50 years later

2 Likes

Having seen the first two episodes I have 2 thoughts. The writing is shite, the whole concept is nonsense, the fire, the 5ft 3ā€ girl kicking over a half ton table and then killing a Jedi master is bollocks.

But, it actually is Starwars and has a certain style to it that I quite like.

Shoot me now.

so your OK with Force users throwing rocks without touching them, but not kicking over big tables?

the fire is an on trend and latest fan complaint, but we are living in a universe where every planet has the perfect oxygen for humans to exist ANNNNDDDD no quarantine becuase no one anywhere could possibly bring a virus in to decimate the indigenous peoplesā€¦is a bit of a spot fire in space really so hard to overcome?

2 Likes

I think Disney should do a movie or series set on the original trilogy but from R2D2ā€™s viewpoint, who i consider to be the real hero, going on all those secret missions!

1 Like

The original series was basically from the androidsā€™ viewpoint anyway.

I still want to see a series based around the jazz band from the rough pub in the first film.

2 Likes

Interesting. Last weekā€™s Dr Who was about the doctorā€™s colour. This week nobody notices (in 18th century british high society) but the fact heā€™s gay is the end of the world. Love a bit of consistancyā€¦

The blue thingā€™s makeup is primary school level.

Actually quite a touching finale. Nice episode. Quite liked that.

1 Like

Is this the one that is a Bridgerton pastiche? Thatā€™s not exactly colour blind casting but it is wildly anachronistic (which Doctor Who has always played around with even in the early days).

Anyway, Iā€™ll take your recommendation. Iā€™m looking forward to watching it this evening.

2 Likes