The TV Thread redux

Yep, absolutely this. They were apparently chasing their Starwars dream ticket job which is why it ended so abruptly with the ability to travel the whole world in a day after seasons of world building that said otherwise.

Hanlon’s razor I believe?

1 Like

2 Likes

Whose the artist? That’s brilliant!

House of the Dragon S2E1+2

Ser Criston Cole - how much do we hate him?

Compare to a football pundit.

I didnt really like S1, but also forgot most of what happened and who everyone was so decided to do a S1 rewatch before starting S2. Im not liking it any better second time through so its taking me some time :joy:

1 Like

Damn, I really liked HotD S1

1 Like

My recollection is I liked the last episode, but felt like everything up until there was disappointing. There were a few issues but the biggest was every time they built up some tension to make it feel like the things we were seeing was important, they’d do a time jump to where the issues have resolved themselves. It was like a 9 hour “previously on HotD” before seeing one good episode.

3 Likes

One thing I can not get over is the fact that HotD is 200 years before GoT but they not even trying to make it look like that.

Fantastic actors in my opinion. Every episode has some great scenes.
The plot is a bit ‘thin’. Never read the books. Maybe the original source makes it impossible to turn it into a great TV Show?

Pretty much this, it’s not based on any of GRRM’s novels, but a ‘fictional history book’ that he wrote outlining some of the lore from his universe.

2 Likes

Infinitely better than the appendix based nonsense that is Rings of Power. Loving HOTD, glorious stuff.

2 Likes

A second strong episode in a row for the Acolyte.

2 Likes

It is impossible to describe how pathetically sad this is
https://x.com/XNewNorm/status/1805608022875484270

1 Like

Is this real? Like Twitter/X commissioned this show for some reason?

Or is it a parody of right wing comedy that’s really done by the Late Show or something?

I am open to the possibility I have been had by my negativity over what I imagine a Musk driven “comedy” would be, but it appears to be real.

1 Like

I watched two minutes of that LS and now you owe me.

There is a website. One of the testimonials is “Brilliant” from Bill Maher…except they then give the disclaimer that he was speaking about previous work from the person behind this :joy:

https://newnorm.tv/

2 Likes

Binge watching….

Hang on, Gareh… Is there actually a series of this?