The TV Thread redux

I bet this was @Nikola after seeing they are going to be streaming Homicide: life on the streets :rofl:

https://x.com/punt_rd/status/1815190267508514892

1 Like

Apple have done a tv adaptation of Presumed Innocent and its great.

I remember enjoying the Harrison Ford version when I saw it in the cinema as a kid (possibly the response of a 12 year old responding to Greta Sacchiā€™s topless scenes) and so wasnā€™t sure how this would stand up, and whether Iā€™d watch the whole thing wondering whether they were going to feel the need to do something different with the ending to maintain the suspense. The last episode is out on Wednesday and while I have no idea about that, even if the ending is scene for scene the same as the film it will have been worth it. Best thing Iā€™ve seen on tv in a while and Ruth Negga (as the cheated on wife) is predictably brilliant.

3 Likes

Once more for the feelsā€¦ :heart_eyes:

https://x.com/AoDespair/status/1815418684116222202

2 Likes

Well, The Wire is amazing. I canā€™t argue with people who call the best TV show ever made, even though I donā€™t hold it as close to my heart as Homicide and Twin Peaks. For me, the main difference between Homicide and The Wire is that Iā€™ve always felt that Homicide focused on the impact of crime on the little man, while Homicide paid more attention to its impact on society as a whole, as well as politics. Also, Homicide is 90s in a nutshell - there are also Nine Inch Nails and Faith No More songs in the show, tugging at my heartstrings. I mean, I didnā€™t really stand a chance, did I? :slight_smile:

I genuinely knew nothing about it, Iā€™ve always thought that Homicide isnā€™t of interest to anyone anymore, especially after all the hype about The Wire died down due to superheroes and reality TV and whatnot. I hope itā€™s left unchanged aside from graphic improvements!

Iā€™m looking at the poster of the crew and Iā€™m singing Never Gonna Give You Upā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It was a rocky road to get there, but the multi generational aspect of it is now, after 2 full seasons, playing out really nicely. And while there is the potential for the focus on the dragon fighting to draw into the worst bits of what GoT became (big expensive fight scenes that take the focus away from the individual scheming that made it interesting) the way the episode ended last night was fucking great.

1 Like

Emma Dā€™Arcy - Iā€™m not ready to say great actress. Sometimes I hate listening to her as Rhaenyra but some of her expressions (when she doesnā€™t speak) gave me goosebumps in this episode.

After he discussion (in Old Valyrian) with the order guy before entering the dragon pit and even more in the dragon pit when she touched Vermithor.

Just started watching Silo. 3 episodes in and wishing i had watched it sooner.

1 Like

6 episodes in one sitting. Only stopping now because i have to get up in a couple of hours for work.

2 Likes

Your Honor - Good Series Well Worth Watching

Your Honor SoundTrack | S01E03 Treaty by Leonard Cohen

1 Like

What an amazing disappointment that season ender was. There were good elements in it, but as an end to a season it fell completely flat and killed all the momentum gained in the previous episode

1 Like

Another Game of Thrones prequel.

Yawn

1 Like

Watched the remaining episodes this evening. Absolutely loved it (bar the odd accent slippage). Canā€™t wait for the second season in November.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who steers clear of any film or TV series that has the word ā€œdystopianā€ in the marketing blurb? :thinking:

1 Like

Why dont you watch it and make up your own mind

5 Likes

Iā€™m referring to the official spiel released by the marketing department, not online reviews.

So you can take your boom back. :sunglasses:

1 Like

To be honest I had never noticed the blurb. I knew David Oleyumo and Tim Robbins were in it and that it was a mystery/suspense show and thought I would give it a go, expecting to not watch more than 1 or 2 episodes.

House of the Dragon season finale felt like an one hour trailer for season 3.

1 Like

Itā€™s being reported that budget cuts caused them to cut the season from 10 to 8 episodes, but the episodes had already been planned out. The writers striker then prevented them doing enough reworking to cut back enough to squeeze the same story into 8 episodes so they just filmed what they had and stopped the season with effectively 2 episodes left to film.

WB skimping out on the one product it is banking on to save itself.

Reminds me of the animated Lord of the Rings back in the 80ā€™s which ran out of money so they missed out something like 2/3rds of the book - basically adding the last 5 minutes of the story onto the first third :grinning:

1 Like