The TV Thread redux

First time I read the actual book I was confused as shit by the entire plot of RotK. I was Bakshi pilled

2 Likes

Have moved onto Archer for my switching off cartoon. Iā€™m enjoying it; thereā€™s better Bond parodies, but this one is decent.

3 Likes

Loved Archer Vice, best season imo.

2 Likes

Finished that yesterday, making my way through s6 atm

2 Likes

Last night, Channel 5
1974:- Most shocking moments.

Some funny, fond and disturbing memories

1 Like

A rehashed modern day Rambo (First Blood) :+1:

1 Like

Final season of Umbrella Academy came out last week. The missues is laid low with a foot injury so we watched it. Itā€™s good if you turn your brain off and donā€™t think about how stupid any of it is.

2 Likes

Like Chelseaā€™s transfer window.

3 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyed it, pure popcorn TV, and wrapped up reasonably neatly

Nah. Thatā€™s never good.

I enjoyed the first season of Umbrella Academy, not sure why I never watched the following seasons. Maybe I went on strike after Netflix cancelled Bebop Cowboy so quickly.

Itā€™s fun, and for a few seasons it was surprisingly well done. But it pushes itself a bit into a corner with how convoluted things get with the time jumps and implications of that. By this 4th season they are in a place where they give you an in universe explanation for what is happening and what they need to do that makes zero real sense and you just have to nod and go along with it. Bit of a shame it went out like that, but like Kone I still found it thoroughly enjoyable as someone who liked the first 3 seasons

1 Like

Sounds like going shopping with the missus.

1 Like

Just watched the first two episodes of Bad Monkey. Cant wait for the next one. Hadnt realised it was adapted from a Carl Hiaasen novel.

Really enjoying it so far - although a little triggered by vince vaughanā€™s hair :grinning:

Dont know why the monkey doesnt appear in the trailer thoughā€¦

1 Like

Yeah , the Ralph Bakshi one.

Downloaded that when the LOTR was at its peak.

1 Like

Very late, as usual, but Slow Horses is fantastic.

@cynicaloldgit is the main character!

4 Likes

Just saw some clips of ā€œevilā€, looks interesting, not sure how itā€™s flown under my radar.

Edit: 1 episode in.

Itā€™s cracking, and just gets better as the seasons build. Lamb is a fantastic character.

2 Likes

Started the new tv remake of Time Bandits last night and it is so incredibly disappointing. Itā€™s got all the beats of a comedy that should work as a reworking of such a classic film, but just none of it works. Two episodes in and I didnt even smile once.

I think it improves over time. I havenā€™t watched the whole thing yet. I think they have gradually moulded it to Lisa Kudrow. For a character actress, she sort of has one character.

2 Likes