The TV Thread redux

Just watched the first episode off the back of you comment. I enjoyed it.

I also started watching Only Murders in the Building, again really enjoying it and have got through the first 6 episodes tonight.

Finished Moon Knight, which I really enjoyed, hope it gets a second season.

3 Likes

Great nightā€¦we lost at home to Leedsā€¦and now thisā€¦:tired_face:

1 Like

Good, fun series. Recommend it to all.

3 Likes

Not surprised Cavill had bailed, its been a catastrophic failure anyway.

Moving onto James Bondā€¦ Maybeā€¦!!!

Not sure he is bailing, he has a couple of big movie projects recently announced, so it may just be that he is no longer available to film it.

1 Like

or maybe he is :see_no_evil:

And heā€™s back as Superman

Surely there isnt another Superman movie? The most boring superhero possible.

1 Like

Yes, was announced a couple of days ago.

Yeah, I really enjoy OMITB, really cool to see Steve Martin still has his comedy chops (the finale of the first series is a masterclass in physical comedy from him)

4 Likes

Just finished the first season and starting season two this evening. Iā€™m finding it really difficult to stop watching.

5 Likes

Not sure I can stretch out my last 5 episodes of OMITB until then :see_no_evil:
Especially since I watched the first 15 in two evenings :rofl:

So, it ended the way most of Flanaganā€™s stuff did, but it was still a really good experience. His stuff seems to be a textbook case of the questions being more interesting the answers. So in all, not as good as Midnight Mass or Hill House, but so much better than Blye Manor. An underappreciated part is that after so much 80s nostalgia in recent years the 90s soundtrack was a really nice touch.

Unlike his other stuff some of the plot was left for a planned second series, but still no word on whether Netflix will Greenlight that. I know someone had been reading the book recently (@deneb ?) so I wonder what their take on it is?

1 Like

The series was very much more involved than the book. I didnā€™t dislike either, but the series was better, more fleshed out. The whole extra :hourglass:storyline was entirely new.

The stories the kids were telling were more interesting, I think there was only 1 which was the same as in the book. There were 3 or 4 extra kids who werenā€™t in the book

I probably enjoyed the personal journeys and interactions of the kids more than the mystery/horror aspects of the show. But then thatā€™s true for me for all his shows.

Itā€™s my least favourite Flanagan series, but because I personally rate them all highly, that doesnā€™t mean I didnā€™t enjoy it.

Incidentally, thereā€™s been a bit of chatter that he really wants to do Stephen Kingā€™s The Dark Tower as a series, but as a direct faithful adaptation rather than adding his own take on it.

1 Like

I read that Netflix licensed his entire library, which is something absurd like 100 books, and they decided to use some of those other books as the basis for the kidsā€™ stories. Given how well some of them fit the personality of the kids I thought that was a clever and really well done thing.

I think Iā€™m mostly in agreement with you. I watched it for the scares, but that didnt really deliver. I wasnt thrilled with the Paragon side of the story and so liked best the actual Midnight Club side of it and the way kids were navigating their situation, each other and the way they told their stories as an expression of that.

1 Like

I finished Rings of Power over the weekend.

it was entertainment, if nothing more.

2 Likes

Started the new SAS program on the BBC, enjoyable watch.

2 Likes

Is it based on the book by Ben Macintire?

If so, itā€™s tremendous. Would highly recommend it.

1 Like

I believe so, Iā€™ve read the book agreed its great. Written by the same guy as Peaker Blinders.