The TV Thread redux

production is quality, effects excellent. Storyline has some holes in it, can be a bit far-fetched at times but to remember it’s just a story makes it a worthwhile spend of 6hrs of your time. Enjoy it for what it is. Those to take things like LOTR and GOT and Star Wars too seriously may not see it the same if they are looking for gaps

2 Likes

Finished watching Rings of Power.

2 Likes

Started The Peripheral…a bit slow in the beginning but picking up pace (first episode)

The search/browse function on Amazon is really crap.

1 Like

One thing it does terribly is to promote its new or popular content. Netflix works as well as it does because it puts front and center the things it hopes might entice you to stay. Amazon seems to put front and center things that are in its library but are not available. I know this IS what it is, but its UI feels like a shopping mall with some content it will allow you to see.

1 Like

With Netflix, I can search by category.

Also, I don’t know why I even tried Vampire Diaries :sweat_smile:

So does Amazon…

Do you want to purchase something from this category of stuff you dont have access to with your prime membership, or this category of stuff you dont have access to with your prime membership?

1 Like
7 Likes

That long ago? My recollection is of me being several years older when watching it.

Good Omens is good :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sandman has been given another season!

4 Likes

One of my favourite shows when I was growing up - loved the intro

1 Like

The point that a trope gets satirized is the point you start seeing it breakdown and used less. It’s interesting then to see how early this was and how much “good cop who breaks the rules to get things done” tv and film still came after it.

1 Like

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Westworld has been cancelled…

It had become a walking disaster, but Im a bit surprised they didnt at least let it play out into its supposed final series next year.

2 Likes

just finished S1 of Andor. very good start, to what has a lot of promise of a storyline to tie everything together.

The Andor series begins about five years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. At this time, Cassian is still largely on his own, stealing from the Empire and just doing his best to survive. Only a few episodes in does he even begin to consider the possibility of fighting as part of a much larger rebellion against the Galactic Empire.

Because Rogue One technically takes place right before A New Hope, you could also say it takes place five years before the “original” story in the Star Wars saga begins.

The show also takes place a little before the events of Star Wars: Rebels, and will come to intersect with the show in terms of timeline as the show progresses.

Over its two seasons, the show will almost completely cover the full five years leading up to Rogue One. By the end of the show, Cassian Andor’s story will therefore be complete.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it a walking disaster. Season 3 got progressively worse but I thought season 4 was something akin to a return to form. Didn’t hit the heights of season 1 but it did more than enough to create intrigue for the final season. Shame it’s been canned.

1 Like

Started OMITB thanks to this thread.

Probably my favorite show so far from Disney.

4 Likes

3 Likes