The TV Thread redux

Dont fucking give them ideas

Soooo I did a thing…

Specifically, I power-watched the entire first season of Welcome to Wrexford in two nights (there was a storm outside)

I wasn’t disappointed. I laughed, I shed a few tears. it’s well done.

1 Like

with Nov11 coming up here…thought this pertinent

Cool, will start myself

1 Like

Just watched the last 5 episodes of season two. Absolutely loved them and am now pining for season 3 :grin:

Got my eye on a couple of other disney shows next (the jeff bridges one in particular) and that Sam Rockwell movie.

2 Likes

If you’re talking about the Old Man, most reports are that first half the season was A+ and the second half was a big big fall off. I aborted starting it right before the bad reviews started coming out.

1 Like

That was the show i was thinking of…that’s a real shame.

Watch it and form your own opinion.

Critics aren’t always right.

1 Like

I mean sure, if you think that’s a valuable use of your time or you don’t care.

TIA just got a mention on Tipping Point. Wild.

1 Like

Tell us more???

Started House MD. Those who liked it may try Doc Martin.

I thought Netflix and Amazon contents are mutually exclusive. Only the crappiest things are common anyway.

Conventional wisdom is that the shelf life of content is partly inherent to the show, but partly related to the time its been a specific streaming service, and that switching services can revive interest in it. So you take a show like House that is owned by NBC and they will start shopping it to other services for a short term deal once they see viewership of it on their platform start to bottom out. Once it moves it will get a short term bump in interest on the new platform and then eventually go back home once that deal expires to again get another new bump (except in this example it wont because no one watches Peacock).

4 Likes

Only 1 episode to go and it’s pretty silly. It’s original German production might not have been piggy backing off Peaky Blinders, but with the English language dubbing using Birmingham accents it’s pretty clear they have tried to position it that way for international viewers. The theme song is a banger though and does get me in the mood for some back alley knuckle duster action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY8ybiDZXBM

1 Like
1 Like

SAS: Rogue Hero’s was quite enjoyable. 6 episodes.

Found Rizzoli and Isles on Amazon :heart_eyes:

Dr Maura was in season 1+2 of NCIS also

1 Like

Encerio GIF by Desiigner

1 Like