The TV Thread redux

Yeah i tried to get into it, the premise is decent but Chloe Grace Moretz always puzzled looking face just makes me want to turn it off.

Anyone watching The White Lotus? Just started yesterday. First episode is a bit of a slow burner.

1 Like

I watched ā€˜Nine perfect strangersā€™ last year which is said to be like The White Lotus. So if you like TWL, you might like that. That said, I thought it was shit.

Finally got around to watching Slow Horses, I love it. Great adaptation. It took me an episode and a half to get into it as it doesnā€™t quite have the same feel as the books. Thereā€™s more levity in the books and most of why I enjoy the series is simply the interactions of the characters and the dialogue. The show starts out with a darker tone and but some of those elements start to shine through later on in the first season. I didnā€™t like Oldman in the initially but he grows into the role brilliantly as expected.

1 Like

For the record I liked this by accident. I havenā€™t seen it as it doesnā€™t look like my sort of thing.

First season was so spectacularly good. Iā€™ve been a bit apprehensive about season 2 as Iā€™m skeptical of their ability to hit the same notes again with a different story so havent started it yet.

1 Like

My dad is relatively newly retired so I bought him the entire Slough house collection for Christmas. Im wondering if they will arrive early enough for me to read through one before I wrap them up

Think the stupidity of Ancient Aliens coupled with the society destroying attacks on establishment and ā€œkeepers of knowledgeā€ of Q Anon. Itā€™s not just dumb, but in this political climate its a borderline irresponsible show to have commissioned.

2 Likes

@Limiescouse is correct.

Basically Graham is arguing that an advanced group of white people ( Atlanteans) ruled during or before the ice age but then a catastrophic event pretty much wiped their civilization out destroying any evidence of their existence (comet strike then global flood).

Survivors from this event then setup in different parts of the world and shared their learnings so that all the great accomplishments are due to this group of people, not the native peoples who actually did build the monuments etc.

Graham and others of his ilk then twist and turn trying to find ever more ways to mislead people on what evidence exists and the work of archaeologists.

1 Like

All the evidence points to them being opaque. You canā€™t pin this on the white man. There are probably a few truths in the mountain of myths, itā€™s always the case. Oak island would be a modern day reference to this type of ā€œevidenceā€ with a few facts thrown in.

While claiming that that he has been blacklisted by the academic establishment because his idea are not what they believe. He is the equivalent of Liver King yelling on tik tok that Dr Fauci wont debate him over the ineffectiveness of the covid vaccine if you take supplemental vitamin D.

2 Likes

Now, Iā€™m not calling it a conspiracy but ā€œit makes you think.ā€

1 Like

Way more evidence than anything Hancock has to support his claims.

1 Like

On the contrary, it isnā€™t. This has been pointed out time and time again to Hancock and others but they choose to ignore it.

I watched the peripheral. Enjoyable in the ā€˜i donā€™t know what the f is going on or why any of this is happeningā€™ kind of way :joy:. Generally a mindless action show with fairly neat tech ideas that may make sense if you could follow along, but probably doesnā€™t.

I donā€™t think you read what I said, a few truths in a mountain of myths. Iā€™m talking about the general gist of these programs, not a specific true or false statement.

I watched one more episode last night, didnt really understand what was going on at some points and so went to bed early rather than watching another one

I had never heard of Graham Hancock before but looked him up after this discussion. You know itā€™s bad when the first line of his wiki article calls him a pseudoscientist!

2 Likes

Yeah, you better delete those mean comments about me :innocent:

Thereā€™s probably a few truths in the mountain of insults though

1 Like

Tulsa King.

New York mafia capo Dwight ā€œThe Generalā€ Manfredi, is released from prison after 25 years and exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Oklahoma; realizing that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a crew.

Pretty decent only 4 episodes in so far, and a really good performance from Stallone.

3 Likes