The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

One of the comentators during the Euros mentioned that he was off to Juve. For Juventus, read Bayern Munich.

Well if that didnā€™t end the Gordon chat, this surely does.

Ā£35m for Anderson is mad money. And yet another mutual deal between two clubs struggling with PSR issues. Nothing to see here, all legit and above board.

https://x.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1807327011481776541

I dont think Brighton get involved in that sort of shenanigans, there is little benefit to them as their sales usually more than cover purchases.

In fairness Forest are not struggling with PSR currently, they just sold two players for Ā£20m+ this week so they were fine without this deal.

It does, however, feel like their shady owner doing Newcastle a favour to get in their good graces.

Anderson is at least a first team player. That Villa deal for Dobbin, and selling Kellyman for that much to Chelsea still makes me sick. Clear financial manipulation.

4 Likes

Didnā€™t realise Forest had sold anyone. Thought they were looking at shifting on Hudson-Odoi or Elanga?

Still seems way over the odds for Anderson. Maybe not as obvious as the others but heā€™s never worth that kind of fee.

Just another nail in the coffin for football this. Donā€™t know how the PL can think they have a serious product anymore. City and their outstanding charges plus all this rule manipulation just makes a mockery of the clubs doing things the right way.

3 Likes

Ā£33m for a player no ones heard off? Somethings not right here

2 Likes

ā€œNo oneā€.

1 Like

Niakhate and Mangala have both gone, or are about to go, to Lyon. For Ā£20m each. Apparently any deal for Elanga is seperate and Forest donā€™t want to sell (although this is just according to Sky Sports so :person_shrugging:). Forestā€™s 3rd choice keeper, Vlachodimos, is going to Newcastle. No doubt Forest were keen to get him off the payroll as they have two better goalkeepers (they signed him when they were scrambling for options).

1 Like

When there are no obvious moves that are needed, the value of making some moves anyway to ā€œrefreshā€ is to prevent things getting stale and people become complacent. With a new manager, a large group of incomings last season and a big group of young players looking to build on last yearā€™s breakthroughs, the prospect for that sort of outcome is pretty much nil.

There is likely work we will have to do at GK and CB. Given all of the other changes that is plenty of refreshing to not have to make additional changes just for change sake.

3 Likes

Agreed, but I think DM needs strengthening too. Itā€™s a waste of Macca and even Endo thinks he needs competition apparently.

3 Likes

Forbes, an American magazine that is presumably au fait with American style restrictions on sports - describe the PSR rules as ā€œcrazyā€ because it forces clubs to sell their best players.

Of course ignoring that Villa wouldnā€™t have had to sell anyone if they simply obeyed the rules. They broke them because they valued making the CL more than they feared the consequences.

4 Likes

Not really.

Men who stare at :goat:

I saw this post had 80 new replies and I got excited :unamused:

1 Like

Well the only player weā€™ve been linked with is Anthony Gordon, so thereā€™s no chance of exciting news anytime soon.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a moral to that story: never get excited about anything, especially on TAN.

3 Likes

Fify

3 Likes

I totally see where youā€™re coming from and definitely feels better than last summer with all the work needed in midfield. However, there are some missing pieces preventing us from legitimately challenging for the title as well as finding replacements for key players that will either be off next summer (Mo) or naturally declining (Virgil). Then there is the case of a 6, which we were clearly trying to get last summer and landed on Endo as a stop gap. I have no idea if any or all of those will happen and get the logic that perhaps Slot will want a season to see what he has, but if the opportunity is there to address and of those needs, I think you have to do it.

1 Like

Yeah and I accept Iā€™m being picky but I just donā€™t see those moves as freshening up but instead targeted moved to address perceived weaknesses. Different sort of moves for different reason

2 Likes

https://x.com/dan23_92/status/1807481592253677962?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g

7 Likes

Nah. A proper Liverpool player would have been injured.

8 Likes