The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

It’s possible, considering Nikola still hasn’t opened the thread.

1 Like

Sign that Williams guy. He is a baller.

1 Like

No, it’s Guehi.
Marc Guehi is wanted by Liverpool, who have begun negotiations to sign the 24-year-old Crystal Palace and England centre-back. (Fabrizio Romano, via GiveMeSport)

You wait for ages, then three come at once.

Liverpool have made Sporting Lisbon and Portugal centre-back Goncalo Inacio, 22, a priority transfer target. (CaughtOffside)

and …

Juventus are keen on Atalanta’s Dutch midfielder Teun Koopmeiners, 26, who has also been linked with Liverpool . (Rudy Galetti)

Yeah well the internationals are over.

2 Likes

As Gary off YouTube would say: Here we go!

1 Like

Unreliable Rumours incoming…

Basically half of the Euros

I don’t get why we’d be interested in Guehi. He is a good defender but nothing special. We could do better with probably less than what he’d command.

Unless we are going for someone homegrown.

1 Like

https://x.com/philipphinze24/status/1812887552673583209

4 Likes

A second Mo

1 Like

Any of them worth the fee? Maybe time to stay away from Leipzig players.

I’d say no. Most of them are excellent

Simakan also on BBC rumours

Liverpool and Atletico Madrid are interested in RB Leipzig 's 24-year-old French defender Mohamed Simakan. (Sky Germany)

2 Likes

Apparently, Bild is saying that we are “in discussions” with Bayer Leverkusen over signing Jeremie Frimpong. As reported by Teamtalk, thereby making it double unreliable, Frimpong has a release clause of 35 m GBP which expires “in the week after Euro 2024 concludes”. It doesn’t say exactly when “in the week” that is.

3 Likes

I would be very happy to sign Frimpong, especially at the sort of price mentioned above. I don’t think he is a full back though. He’s more of a winger, and I think Slot would use him that way.

1 Like

He’s more of a wing back than anything else. And a pretty offensive one. Don’t think he’s complete enough to be a winger/wide forward here. Even if Slot might want out wide attackers wider than under Klopp. We need players with more tools than someone like Frimpong.

2 Likes

I am glad we pulled out of the Lenny Yoro deal as he went straight for the money(manure), he didn’t care about the CL or RM. I hope he bombs just like all the other attempts at Gazumping successfully Liverpool.

3 Likes

2 Likes

If Yoro has his heart set on Madrid, then United are going to be nothing more than a staging post/finishing school before he makes that move. I’d be interested to know how long the deal is, as I suspect he won’t be signing another one.

For United I really don’t know what the upside is for them. £60m is a lot of money for a lad who profiles worse than Quansah. His ceiling might be immense, but they aren’t going to see much of that and they need players who can contribute from day one.

7 Likes

Comparisons of publicly available statistics between players from different clubs (who play in different ways and put their players in different situations that require different things) really doesn’t tell us much. Even more so about CBs. So be cautious in those interpretations.

3 Likes