The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

This is United we’re talking about. You’d have thought Jadon Sancho would be laughed out for asking for 350k a week.

1 Like

Salary is not remotely the same sort of conversation as one about supposed guarantees over playing time.

1 Like

If you look at how happy Mo is during the training videos, you wouldn’t believe he would ever leave. Trent and VVD will come back settle into the new regime then stay. I don’t see a mass exodus at a team as big as LFC.

3 Likes

Given how exhausted and drained Klopp was in the second half of last season then there might be a bit of new life, and fun, around the place under new management.

It didn’t look like anyone was enjoying it last season.

2 Likes

Here’s one from Sherlock …

Liverpool are prepared to sell 25-year-old Irish goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher if they receive a suitable offer. (Football Insider)

And pass to the Dutchie on the left-hand side, we’re being linked with another Dutch player …
Liverpool and Newcastle are among the clubs interested in Dutch defender Dean Huijsen, 19, but Juventus’ £25.3m valuation could be a stumbling block. (Tuttosport - in Italian)

I’ve never heard of this Dutchman. Anyone seen the requisite number of games?

Just looked him up and I remember him coming on for Roma.

That’s it.

As for Football Insider :see_no_evil:

He’s only played youth football and 4 starts for Roma plus 10 substitute appearances… 25 million!!!

He was taller than Klopp on his singing vlog. The info just outdate for long time. Same with many other.

We had such a poor 2022-23 season. If I was TAA, I wouldn’t have extended until I saw more.

He does look more dull

I think Trent had a poor last season. Bradley came in and was electric. Trent was injured and never really got going. This season should be better.

1 Like

Trent will be 26 this year and has a decision to make. He’s already a club legend at his boyhood club and nothing is going to take that away from him.

So stay here. Become club captain and occasionally win a trophy (sorry but harsh truth)…

or go to Real and play a big part in dominating world football for the next decade again (because that’s what their squad is already looking like).

1 Like

Or go to Madrid, have a couple of good games, fail to settle, get dropped, fall out with trainer, end up washed out damaged goods at 28.

2 Likes

There is a recency bias to this. Before the injury he was fantastic.

5 Likes

Frimpong’s release clause expires this weekend, but apparently wants Leverkusen to still negotiate with clubs, as he wants to leave. If we make a move for him, I think TAA will be off.

i get the jist of your post, but this last line didnt fit…there’d be plenty of lads at a certain level (and at any level if you know what i mean) that theyd want to know what the managers plans are for them on the park…

‘happy to sign, i see myself as a striker…if i sign i dont want to play out on the wing’ etc etc

‘im coming here for first team football, otherwise im not interested’

maybe no one in Yoros position says that…

With Bradley and Gomez here i would be surprised if we signed him even if Trent left.

1 Like

Perhaps. We might end up using Gomez as back-up LB and CB if he stays, and Frimpong could also play on the right in an attacking role if we really want to stretch the pitch.

It’s so hard to tell with our squad at the moment. Slot needs to decide who he wants to keep, who goes, which players on international duty want to leave, and who from the current crop can adjust tactically to fit new roles.

Trent is not a midfielder. That ship has sailed. Gone. Hit an ice berg.

2 Likes

Fully expect us to being ‘linked’ with every half decent available Dutch player at some point.

2 Likes