The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

i agree with the general point that hes been asked to perform his tasks further up the field, but we cant sugar coat it, in defensive moments, he could improve…

im not talking about when hes caught upfeild, or in two minds, or hes caught out of position becuase thats basically his remit.

im talking of situations when hes in the zone he should be, but could have done better

as for Gary Neville, im sure the lads probably run a monday morning lotto to see who pissed him off the most…Trents probably got a good income stream from it…

aside from all that, yeah, if i was him, im off to madrid…local lad and all that, but as ive suggested a few times before, how many of us still lived in our first postcode at 25 years old…thats even before thinking of the career progression.

One thing to remember is the recent success of anyone who has left us for better pastures. They have been poor.

I assure you he doesn’t live in his first postcode area :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

…point remains.

Instead of focusing on TAA position, it’s more productive to focus on his strengths. Mainly his range of passing and the vision and skill to see a pass and execute it. If you take that away, honestly he is quite average a defender, and that is probably why all the debates on his best position.

No one is an untouchable in the team, and to me, definitely not TAA. We should definitely want to keep TAA in the team because of the superb qualities he possesses above others but is he a future captain? Nope to me. Unsellable just because he is a local lad? Nope to me.

I won’t go out and try to sell him. But he is neither the best RB in the world, one of the best probably, nor is he looking to be one of the best midfielders in the world.

But if we can harness his best qualities complementary to the rest of the team, he will be a great asset as he has been all these while and perhaps developing alot more on his mentality because he does seem to lose focus at times and become casual.

1 Like

Will work great with Vini, Mbappe and Rodrygo making the runs :grimacing:

1 Like

couple of tweaks and it could become one awesome team…and i’m not one to overhype…but add Trent at right back, couple of those french lads in the middle find some rhythm it really could become a very very special team

2 Likes

We thought Trent will bring Bellingham to Liverpool and now Bellingham might take Trent away to Madrid :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

It helps that they have arguably the best manager in the world; we’ve all seen very expensively assembled squads which don’t function as a team due to poor management.

Let’s see what happens if/when Ancelotti leaves.

1 Like

Xabi will come in and make them play successful AND beautiful football.

2 Likes

Not me.

3 Likes

how ridiculous would that be?..

lots of things have to go right for it to happen, but imagine that team with the next true generational manager?

Finally a new name in the unreliable rumour.

That price though. …

5 Likes

If Trent won’t sign a new deal - and I hope he does, we have to get on with it, and at that point I would rather he was sold.

Salah and VVD are towards the end of their careers, so the situation is a bit different. My best guess there is VVD will sign an extension and help bring through the next generation of central defenders for Liverpool. Quansah is a great start. One more Virg, while over time your minutes reduce, and that would be fantastic.

Salah will likely wind his deal down and then assess his options. Ideally he signs an extension too, even if just to preserve some value for a transfer fee. But I see a Bosman there.

Trent is the tricky one. He has a lot of prime years left. He has won the lot here, and there’s a real sense that a chapter has closed with Klopp leaving. It is natural that he would be considering his options. For the majority of players, Liverpool is the peak. But Real Madrid sit at the pinnacle of club football, and if you have an opportunity to go there, it would be extremely difficult to turn down. Money. Lifestyle. Climate. Fans. Stadium. Trophies galore.

If he does go there, I just hope we get a fee, as it will grate to watch him go there on a Bosman. Hopefully he signs a new deal, mind, as I am intrigued as to how Slot will use him as he shapes his team.

2 Likes

Real Madrid have a 50% sell on clause.

We’re helping them to fund Trent.

Kubo is an interesting shout. He would be a Salah replacement. I haven’t kept tabs on him enough to have an idea of his level. I know a few years ago he was supposed to be brilliant, but it might have been too big of a leap too soon.

I’m confident we will have an informed view on his level, and if he is the one we sign, bring it on! From what I remember, he is an excellent dribbler, a very tricky player.

1 Like

@Sweeting

You need your own Batman sign.

Until then, you can use this:

1 Like

We aren’t paying a 23 year old £240k a week, let alone to someone who’d initially sit behind Salah in the pecking order.

5m more than his clause.

The thing is journalists wouldn’t know this kind of break down of an offer anyhow.

1 Like