The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I don’t understand his reported wages of 240k - he should be less than 100k in Real Sociedad and there isn’t huge interest in him like Caceido last season.

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust that amount either. I suspect something is lost in translation!

2 Likes

In view of his stats, I don’t see why we would be interested in this player.

The Japan forward never broke through at Real Madrid but has restored his reputation over the past two years with Sociedad, although a return rate of 16 goals and 14 assists in 85 appearances for his current club isn’t astounding for an attacking player (Transfermarkt).

By comparison, Liverpool right winger Salah netted 25 times and set up 14 goals in 44 games last season alone (Transfermarkt), a consistency which leaves the 23-year-old eating his dust.

Even Johan Bakayoko, who’s also been linked with the Reds and plays on the same flank, managed 14 goals and assists each in 48 matches in 2023/24 (Transfermarkt), again a far better G/A return per game than Kubo.
Until such time that reliable sources closer to home corroborate these reports, we wouldn’t be inclined to read too much into the sudden links with the Sociedad forward, even with compatriot Wataru Endo already at Anfield.

And that Sponichi Annex is not a reliable source, apparently. It’s an offshoot of a daily sports newspaper Sports Nippon, which is largely equivalent to the S**.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s listed as pre tax? Don’t Spanish league players get taxed more than 50% so maybe he does only take back around 100k. But not sure

1 Like

Yoro is only 18. Sepp van den berg is 22. So there’s 4 years of development time difference between the two of them. For Yoro to be that good that young is why people are high on the kid, the ceiling is higher.

3 Likes

I mentioned Kubo a while back, because of that release clause.

We also like players who have a lot of minutes under their belt before approaching their mid-twenties. He’s already played 200+ games at the age of 23, far more than Yilmaz aged 24 (another player we’ve been linked with). Nico Williams has around 150 games under his belt, and he’s just turned 22.

I’d imagine it’s all guesswork on the links, as we’ll probably be linked with every right sided wide player below the age of 25.

1 Like

why is he a lil wayne wannabe?

Surprised there hasn’t been more discussion about this Kubo link. I feel this one has legs and has classic Liverpool signing all over it. The wages reported are mad and won’t happen if he indeed comes to Liverpool, but this one makes a lot of sense to me.

1 Like

Yoro might go on to become one of the world’s top centre backs, and if Man Utd did the right thing in signing him on those terms, he needs to!

On our end, it looked to me like a combination of transfer fee, wages, initial playing time, and the fact that he has eyes for Madrid - all added up to us not making a move.

I can live with that. I want to see young players who are hungry and humble. The rewards and acclaim will all be there, but in the meantime, we will pay you well and it’s up to you to show us what you can do.

The more we were hearing about Yoro as it dragged on, the more it felt like it wasn’t a good match with some of the fundamentals that are in play at LFC.

If he does go on to become world class, and he might, I suspect he will be going to Real Madrid once he completes his finishing school at Man Utd.

3 Likes

Nikola struck.

2 Likes

Think changing manager has stopped us getting business done early. Probably waiting until Slot can give an assessment on what he has got and where he feels improvment can be made. The earliest Slot gives his input could be after our last preseason friendly.

3 Likes

Possibly, but I imagine had Klopp stayed we would have a quite window as well in terms of incomings.

4 Likes

Out starters comeback late too. Mac, Nunez, VVd, Garpo, Diaz are half of our line up. I just hope we can add and CDM, because Slot has enough time with Endo and Bajcetic.

Are we going to bother signing anyone this transfer season?

Seen some whoppers from the tik tok transfer community.

We have to sell these 2 players before making a bid for Kossounou

Yeah we are absolutely desperate for the eight quid those sales will raise.

3 Likes

I cannot fathom what can have gone wrong in your life for you to throw every ounce of dignity in the bin doing shit like this, on the internet for everyone to see.

And not only that, he has the personality of blank sheet of paper. Who the hell could stand to listen to that voice, let alone as it utters such complete crap. Literally reads out any rumour from anywhere as if it were gospel truth.

The worst part of modern football these muppets and every season there seems to be a new one making a living from this garbage.

Rant over.

8 Likes

So what is your youtube channel called :wink:

I know we all love a rumour and no judgement but best to deprive of a little oxygen by not clicking on it.

I can’t remember the LFC mill being so quiet coming to the end of July.

Even looking forward to the preseason games!

2 Likes

Complete waste of time getting someone in before the new Manager has time to run the rule over his new squad. Most of the first team won’t be back by the start of the season. I think you won’t see the full team until about the Man U game.

1 Like