The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Even ignoring the questions about his quality and Everton connections, it doesn’t make sense to add another left sided player given what we already have and a dearth of options for the right. This makes me buy your argument that it is an option being considered to cover an exit rather than a primary option we’re looking at to strengthen.

4 Likes

And I never said you did, but you did say he was a liability, when last season without him we would have been in big trouble.

Also, regarding being a liability, he has, according to transfer market only missed 6 games ovver the last 2 seasons through injury!

I do feel it maybe the time to move on but wouldn’t push him out as he still has plenty to offer.

Matip was top level when fit

3 Likes

The thing I’m worried about with Gordon and our interest is apparently Slot prefers his wide players to stay wide, and under JK we predominantly built around our wide forwards cutting in centrally… and Gordon would look to be a better fit for that style of play than any of Gakpo, Darwin or Jota (I think Diaz could do it though).

So, on that basis it sounds believable that the club could still look to bring him in despite on paper having as many LW options as we do.

Unless hes deployed on the RW?

I wasnt a fan of him, and his stats werent as good as expected last year, but he always does well against the big sides and is clearly talented. Physically, hes quick and suffered no major injuries so far in his career. Takes care of his health.

What i really like about him though is personality, which i hadnt appreciated till I saw the Overlap that he did with Neville. Its worth a watch, and mught surprise a few.

2 Likes

Gordon highly overrated and always an unlikeable twat on the pitch - especially against us.

7 Likes

I don’t mind a nice guy off the pitch with a bit of an edge on it.

Since he is not our player I can’t abide the diving, heel-clicking-to-trip-himself-up and all the rest of it.

But if we do sign him, well, he’s our Tony!

1 Like

2 Likes

Seriously, though, Gordon is the definition of an unreliably linked player. If either Jota, Gakpo or Diaz move, then I’ll start to worry…

2 Likes

Typical Edwards move would be if Gordon is a diversion… making me wonder who our real target is.

2 Likes

Looks like the first transfer of the Arnie Slot era will be…

16 year old Rio Ngumoha a now ex-Chelsea alum.

Confirmation by Fabrizio Romano so it looks like a done deal.

🚨 Liverpool are finally set to complete PL 5 step investigation process for Rio Ngumoha to join the club.

2008 born talent has already agreed to the move after he left Chelsea, as revealed weeks ago.

Exclusive story, set to be officially confirmed by #LFC soon 🤝🏻 pic.twitter.com/dRuhdY0LqL

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 30, 2024
2 Likes

He’s no Trey Nyoni, and isn’t Rio a Utd name?

He hasn’t posted “here we go””

1 Like

Kudus.

Gordon next summer.

Just my guess.

1 Like

It seems like this is the only fan community with a genuine antipathy towards Gordon. There seems to be a massive dislike of him, largely based on him being an ex blue.

Everywhere else you go, he’s people’s number one signing.

Anyway, pretty sure this is going to happen. He’s a massive Liverpool fan, the club like him, there have already been a couple of attempts to get him, and he only has two years left on his deal.

3 Likes

No; it’s largely based on his being shite.

He’s also a diver and a whiny prick.

In short, he’s not good enough for us.

13 Likes

He obviously isn’t shite.

1 Like

I can imagine many local Liverpool fans wanting us to sign him (‘one of us’) and those locals who don’t want us to sign him ‘afraid’ to speak out against him now because they might have to backtrack if the transfer happens.

We can all have opinion on a player before they sign and voice it but then if they sign we support them as they play for our club.

For me I just don’t see him being better than Diaz, in fact Diaz for me is better and always gives everything for the shirt and f#@k what his father thinks

2 Likes

Diaz father isn’t acting unilaterally. Luis knows exactly what I’d going on with all these pronouncement.

1 Like