The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Miguel Delaney is not a particularly reliable source of transfer information.

Chiesa is a great player but his injury record is alarming, we could do without another one of them.

1 Like

Looking forward to Gordon signing and hitting 30 G/A in his first season and all of us eating our words while winning 2 shithouse penalties against Arsenal and City to win :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Nah. He wonā€™t get them if he plays for us.

7 Likes

I feel completely betrayed, everyone said that Edwards is the new messiah and that when he comes back everything will be so much better etc. And now we want to sign flipping Gordon, seriously, I would be deeply disappointed if thatā€™s true tbh

9 Likes

Well it always has been the case.

Somewhat surprising to see so many taking Gordonā€™s transfer for granted. Unless Iā€™ve missed something, thereā€™s nothing imminent or concrete, other than that, for whatever reason, we presumably like him and weā€™d be willing to part ways with Gomez to get him.

If it comes to pass, we can panic as much as we want, but until then these reactions seem premature and way over the top.

1 Like

I must be in the minority hoping it comes off.
I love to see fellow reds and scousers to boot playing in the shirtā€¦Bring it on.

2 Likes

I have no doubt that he would try his best for us, seeing that he is a red. But his best simply isnā€™t good enough, in my opinion.

Of course, if we sign him and he proves to be a world-beater, I will be first in line for the humble pie.

9 Likes

You ā€œhopeā€ we waste our entire budget on a decent player who isnā€™t any better than Diaz or Gakpo and overlook the necessity of the team to improve on the pitchā€¦for a fellow red scouser? Thatā€™s depressing.

2 Likes

This topic makes me give likes to posts of @The-AllMightyReds and @cynicaloldgit

I feel dirty.

7 Likes

Probably the same ā€˜everyoneā€™ who also spent several years bitching about the lack of signings under Gordon, the quality of those signings when actually made and the lack of sales to fund them or any other targets they wanted signing.
:smile:

2 Likes

Not at all. Itā€™s because heā€™s a snidey, cheating fecker. Not the odd time like Suarez, but almost every time he gets the ball. He waits for contact, or kicks himself, then falls over whining.

Hard swerve for me

4 Likes

Itā€™s all about opinions. Personally I think he is better than Gakpo or at least the pre Euros version and at least on a par with Diaz. Football is all about opinionsā€¦you have yoursā€¦I have mine.

3 Likes

What if he signs though?
Obviously we all would want him to be a success and win stuff with the Reds.

But would you get to like him as a player?
Even if he is ā€œOURā€ snidey cheating cunt?

I think its an interesting thing,our ability to love and hate.
I hated Beckham and all things Beckham when he was a United player, but warmed to him a fair bit after thatā€¦

Nearest I can equate signing Gordon to is when we signed Paul Ince.
I thought he was an arrogant twat with the Mancs, but grew to like him at Liverpool.

For me, the issue isnā€™t whether Liverpool sign him or not - itā€™s the now well documented fact that Liverpool wanted to sign him in a swap deal involving Gomez when the team actually doesnā€™t need another player of his type and there are other, more pressing squad issues to address.

Maybe Gordon signs for Liverpool and Slot turns him into a right-footed Salah but I think that there are more important things to do with the squad first than stockpiling left wingers. Unless Hughes was trying to preempt Diazā€™ imminent departure and Slot informed him that Jota would be the one to rival Nunez for centre forward spot (which I doubt)ā€¦

Yup, I think he might be a good player but every time I watched him he seems to go after buying fouls.

He wonā€™t get them here and I donā€™t think his skills merit much more not 75m at any rate.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in no way defending gordon but just because his dive is more obvious doesnā€™t mean either are right.I was unhappy with Mo when he first came to us as he seemed to go down a bit too easy,thankfully he wasnā€™t long in cutting that out.

1 Like

Now the little diving fuck is responsible for that?! :rage:

4 Likes

Iā€™m chilled whatever happens over Gordon. If we sign him, great. If we donā€™t, fine. The price will be the price and the best we can negotiate in the absurd world of football finances.

I donā€™t like his diving and histrionics. I do like the interview snippets Iā€™ve seen, as he comes across as quite level headed.

He is fast and looks like he has developed an eye for goal too. How this all translates to unlocking a low block team remains to be seen. Iā€™m sure Slot will have us passing neatly, and quickly, and that will be the best way to move defenders and unlock something. In a one on one speed is important to get a step in the defender, even if thereā€™s not the space for a flat out and lengthy sprint. He has this in his locker.

It would seem overloaded if we keep our current attackers and add Gordon. At that point I could easily see one of them switching to the right to back Salah up.

Iā€™ve still got a sneaking suspicion for Kudus. Maybe with Gomez going the other way to bring the fee down a bit?

What I havenā€™t got a clue about is if there will be any biggish departures, with the Saudis possibly looming.

Ok, and in fairness most players are guilty of simulation at least sometimes thesedays, but this is not central to Salahā€™s game and never was.

Gordonā€™s entire game is built around diving. Itā€™s not isolated incidents it is every single time someone comes near him heā€™s looking for the quickest way to throw himself to the ground. Itā€™s effective - and the fact he has the body composition of a 12 year old helps him look like heā€™s getting bowled over - but I also find cheap, tacky and unlikeable.

I get why he does it. Heā€™s lacking in close control and tight space technique so when heā€™s fronted up and doesnā€™t have a clear run into space then the most effective thing for him to do is get a free kick as trying to take the player on rarely works for him (32% successful take ons). It doesnā€™t make me like him but I understand the rationale behind him building that into his plan. Will that be effective at Liverpool, where almost every team is stacked behind the ball? I doubt referees will be quite so sympathetic to his blatent dives and the lack of a second option (ie. Do something other than dive) will hurt him.

For me heā€™s just a painfully average player who has learned how to best use his abilities - by limiting the exposure of his lack of skill by throwing himself on the floor rather than displaying his inability to work in tight spaces.

Absolute peak Gordon could probably come close to Sterling. Sterling is more skilful and versatile but Gordonā€™s explosive pace and lack of power is somewhat similar.

He does physically make me want to turn off the TV when he plays, unfortunately. I just find his entire style to be completely offputting. I understand gamesmanship and using it to your advantage but he takes it way above and beyond a level I can handle.

3 Likes