The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

And more importantly for us, it would be completely neutered given the refereeing we get.

1 Like

Gordon dives/goes down too easy as did Salah when he first came to us.He was obviously told to cut it out and did so.Maybe gordon would do the same but iā€™m not promoting signing gordon,iā€™d rather Williams and Kvaratskhelia.

1 Like

The links to Kudus are much more interesting to me, although heā€™s not a perfect player either.

Gordon, statistically one of the worst dribblers in the league (38% win rate on 4 attempts per game), compared to Kudus, one of the best (53% win rate on over 7 attempts per game). Kudus is a gamebreaker against stacked defences, I would be concerned that Gordon is not.

5 Likes

My feelings on Gordon.

Iā€™m just generally not impressed with him, I find the guy an arse but Iā€™ve had players who have arrived who I have disliked.

I defer to the judgement of the stats guys but my personal feeling is there is better value elsewhere, as demonstrated by the Kudus stats.

2 Likes

https://x.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1819773310667780222?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

1 Like

Iā€™d like us to loan rather than sell.

5 Likes

Yeah, heā€™s more valuable to us as a squad player than he is as a saleable asset at this stage in his career, but after a year on loan gives him the opportunities to test both sides of that equation (grow into something that can be more than a squad player, or push his valuation high enough to justify letting him leave)

3 Likes

Tidy little player is Bobby but where is the game time coming from? The pathway is too congested.

Heā€™s not just competing against the likes of Harvey Jones Mac Szobo & Grav but also Morton, Nyoni, Mcconnell & less so Bajcetic, depending where we see him progressing.

Simply no room for all these kids to come through at once. RBS are renown for producing some cracking young players, we should use this opportunity to seek an exchange.

I think heā€™s ahead of McConnell, Nyoni and Morton but I also do think moving to Salzburg could be a great move for him.

If he does leave I hope we have a clause in there to match any offers they get in future.

2 Likes

Yep, totally reasonable. Even if you can make the argument that heā€™s ahead of all of his contemporaries, midfield is fairly packed and opportunities will be few. But his potential is way bigger than that small a fee being proposed. Moving him on to get him more games might make sense, but not under those terms.

1 Like

What do stats say about Johan Bakayoko?

Might as well hold on to him though if can or try and get a clause.

Heā€™s worth more than 12m for me. And we do point to players ahead but knowing us 50% of them will be injured by November.

Similar to Kudus, excellent dribbler (53.2% win rate on 6.25 attempts per game). 99% of progressive carries. 96% for carries into penalty area. Heā€™s a dynamo of an attacker.

Absolutely useless defensively, low in every category. Kudus actually is a very good defender from the attacking role. However we already play with a player who cannot defend, Salah, so if Bakayoko replaced him then it wouldnā€™t be much of a change for the rest of the squad to deal with.

2 Likes

Frendrup? Genoa. Some internet stories.

Bbby Clark is tidy but I would take the money. I am not sure he is a long term first team player.

Thatā€™s one I definitely donā€™t believe because the way the modern game is I think the ability to take the ball on the half turn and avoid the press is really important for a DM. Frendrup is a pure tackler, very little about him on the ball.

Great insight. Do not know him. Agree on technical skills needed.

all?..surely a little bit of it is about kicking the bally thing in the netty thing alsoā€¦

5 Likes

Not too worried about Gakpo and Jota leavingā€¦Gakpo is probably the most in form LW for Liverpool and Jota can play ST to a good level as wellā€¦

Diaz on the other hand has bags of tricks and pace but is ineffective in low blocksā€¦

No? Itā€™s about transfers, isnā€™t it?