The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Have no idea who the lad is but $15m seems more than reasonable, sign him up immediately.

A work mate is an die hard Hull fan and he says he went missing far too much but then came up with the highlights moment.

3 Likes

Chiesa available for 13 million apparently. Was great 3-4 years back - in the top 10 for couple of seasons and we were heavily linked. Had bad injuries and fell apart. So not sure whether is fully fit now but there are rumours linking him to us.

This is my issue with him, he is clinical but he doesnā€™t seem to offer much else and it is pre-season. However, atm as it seems we are attacking predominantly down our right and we need a balanced attack

Iā€™m bored :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Dont think we should read too much into him being on the left during these pre-season games. Slots not had any other options there with Diaz and Gakpo missing the tour. Jota cam play there but playsd No.9 there were no other strikers around.

2 Likes

Joe no go, apparently.

Former Liverpool and Cameroon defender Joel Matip, 32, is a target for Bayer Leverkusen after he left the Reds in the summer on a free transfer. (Sky Germany), external

But England defender Joe Gomez has no interest in leaving Liverpool this summer, despite the club offering the 27-year-old in a swap deal with Newcastle for England winger Anthony Gordon, 23. (Mirror)

Thereā€™s also this, which is easy to imagine happening.

Leeds have enquired into the availability of 19-year-old English midfielder Bobby Clark on loan from Liverpool . (Football Insider)

4 Likes

Apparently we are watching a young left back. Sola from Argentina, or somewhere down that way. Interesting, as at least itā€™s a rumour.

4 Likes

Get him before he goes to Benfica or Sporting and we have to pay 60m. Makes sense.

Dont blame Gomez for refusing to leave.

Georgia keeper from the euros, saying weā€™re gonna buy him then loan him out until Alisson leaves.

4 Likes

Who is this special DM that we have been waiting to find since last summer but with no luckā€¦It seems there are only decent DMā€™s, but we are looking for a ā€œsuperā€ DM, otherwise, we will just go with Ryan as a ā€œ6ā€.

Sounds a very Liverpool move this doesnā€™t it?

Iā€™m calling bullshit.

He is 23 so is in the right age bracket

1 Like

We must really rate Mamardashvili to want to secure him now (if itā€™s true). Similar in a way to Chelsea signing Courtois, and loaning him to Atletico for 3 seasons until he returned to take over as No.1 from Cech. Wonder how much longer Alisson will be around. Always envisaged him sticking around until the end of his career, but with the Saudi interest, who knows? Or maybe heā€™d like one last swan song in Brazil before retiring.

Itā€™s savvy as it protects us from having to spunk a lot of money down the line for a keeper, unless Mamardashviliā€™s loan performances are utterly diabolical.

Interested to see whether thereā€™s genuine substance to the story.

4 Likes

Let the bidding war commence.

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1820522757047861451

3 Likes

There was a sense that he was in the shop window while we waited for the cavalry to get back. Carvalho is a good player and he has an eye for goal.

If Slot has determined he wonā€™t see too much action at Liverpool once everyone is back, a sale is a good move for all concerned.

Good luck to him if he does go. Oh and I think I said it before, but we should protect ourselves with a sell on or buy back clause, as it wouldnā€™t be a complete shock if Carvalho developed enough to become a very special player.

In all likelihood he will be short of that, and slightly short of other options we already have, so I expect a sale.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t make much sense to me unless Alisson has informed them he wants to leave next year or something. Still a good four or five years left in Ali yet.

Also, heā€™s crap with his feet. Doesnā€™t really seem to suit the profile of a Slot keeper.

2 Likes

After watching Kelleher and Jaros both put on a show Saturday night, I canā€™t see why we would spend good money on another keeper.

5 Likes

From todayā€™s BBC Gossip Column:

Liverpool have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Juventus defender Gleison Bremer after the 27-year-old Brazilian agreed a new contract with the Italian giants. (Fabrizio Romano), external

But Liverpoolā€™s hopes of landing attacker Federico Chiesa, 26, have been boosted with Juventus boss Thiago Motta revealing the Italian is surplus to requirements. (Mirror)

Meh.

4 Likes