The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I like Neto, but he obviously has fitness issues. Who does the quality control within Chelsea’s recruitment team?

3 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

Exciting player to watch but the guy averages a goal every 76 games.

The hypocrisy when people want to use end product to criticise the likes of Nunez and Gakpo, who both scored more last season alone than Neto has his entire career but will negate that out the equation for Neto all because “they like how he runs past people”

5 Likes

They are signing everyone. Not sure how FFP doesn’t apply to them.

Romano parroting the Marmardashvili link
https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1eo3u0m/romano_liverpool_have_the_possibility_to_sign/?ref=share&ref_source=link

It is 20% which should get us £13000 as they agreed a £65M fee

Ok, it’s 20% of the profit

2 Likes

Yes well spotted - Mirror report it is based on profit. So 9.2M (65-19)*0.2.

Still good coin.

2 Likes

14 Likes
11 Likes

Good luck to Kaide Gordon. When we signed him from Derby there was a bit of fanfare around it as he was expected to become a very good player. He got injured and is now trying to work his way back up.

I would be surprised if he got to the level we need in our first team, but you never say never. Good luck to him.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Lijnders

Surprises me that we’d be happy to sell him at this stage. Never looked out of place last season, a tidy and assured player who towards the end of it made himself a viable option for regular selection.

Again, would assume it’s a deal that would include hefty sell ons or potentially a buy back clause.

4 Likes

Must be pushed for by the player.

2 Likes

There’s a common theme with our youngsters - those who have (visible) tattoos at such young age don’t make it at Liverpool (Wilson, Williams, Clark to follow?), unlike those who don’t have them (Trent, Jones, Quansah). I’m only half-joking, to be honest.

3 Likes

Jarell disproves your crackpot theory

2 Likes

That’s the other half of the joke!

Honestly, it is a fantastic opportunity and one I would probably push for as well if I was in his shoes (albeit said as someone who did move to another country at 17 to play football). He did well last year when called upon, but, still has at least 7 players ahead of him. That is a LOT of players to have to push your way past or have fall off injured, and with a new manager who you have to prove yourself to all over again that is a daunting prospect. You look at how young our group of senior midfielders are and they arent creating any natural openings for an academy product to fill any time soon either so he’s probably looking at a situation where he’s being challenged by Nyoni as the best of the youth as a more immediate reality than he is to be challenging one of those current senior players. You think about what is a reasonable best case scenario move for him in a year or 2 of doing about as well here as we could reasonably imagine, and it probably isnt any better than moving to a CL side to play for a manager who knows and likes him already.

6 Likes