The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

why wouldnt they just get 4 normal ones?

1 Like

I agree.
There will always be part of a young player that feels they could push themselves into the first team and also the fear of moving to a foreign country.
However, recently there has been a trend of players moving abroad and being successful. Joining a club that has a successful structure, under a manager he knows well is in my opinion a definite no brainer :+1:t2:.

1 Like

Why would club want to sell Doak?!

Could be any number of reasons. We just see the odd flash and project his potential. They see him day in and day out. They know his physical condition, his attitude, his willingness to do whatā€™s needed of him to reach the top and his openness to only get minutes here and there instead of playing every week.

They may also know how likely he is to get any game time with any potential transfers we have lined up to come in.

Ultimately theyā€™ve gotten very few of these calls wrong.

1 Like

Just a loan I think.

At Doaks age it will only be a loan. He would be one for the future still at his age.

Probably a case of us being open to an offer too good to turn down rather than actively looking to sell him.

Donā€™t think it would be a major shock if he left anyway, clearly has a lot of talent but at the same time thereā€™s a hell of a lot of development still needed. Obviously very quick, direct and goes past his man at will, but heā€™s also a bit of a head down player and thus far has shown little in terms of end product in the small amount of game time heā€™s had.

1 Like

The Jaden Philogene transfer back to Villa did have me wondering about that potentially being a new way around the financial rules.

Club sells young player for below market value. Tells player that theyā€™re still in their future plans if they play well at new club. Inserts a matching clause in the contract for any accepted offers. Buys player back in a year or two when space in squad may ha e opened up.

The parent club are happy because the player has been developed in the meantime, and the player wasnā€™t treated as an after thought like sometimes happens with loan players. Theyā€™ve also offset the spend to buy player back against a 5 year contract but logged the initial sale against one season, which gives a lot of space against PL financial rules to bring in other players.

The buying club are happy because they banked the same money they were going to if they sold on the open market anyway.

1 Like

Or it might just be someone bullshitting letā€™s face it the guys bought a blue tick.

1 Like

Think he does cover the youth team quite a fair bit, often see his stuff in the youth team thread.

Still heā€™s just some bloke on Twitter who bought a blue tick.

Most football ā€œjournalistsā€ are, arenā€™t they? Iā€™m a lot more inclined to believe someone who actually posts about things that arenā€™t transfer-related, which I believe is the case here?

Iā€™m talking about the Lewis Bower person just in case itā€™s not clear.

1 Like

Heā€™s not a journalist though is he? There is nothing on his profile that even suggests that.

Like Iā€™ll wait to see what happens the fact we react to this as gospel is a bit silly.

I mean, I generally believe a transfer has occurred only when we see the player playing in the kit of the team they have signed for. Makes me a little suspicious whether Arthur Melo was just a fever dream, though.

Iā€™m not saying I believe it or not, Iā€™m just saying that this person has a decent track record in bringing news about the youth teams. Thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Sadly that site has too many snipers currently and we can be selective on our memory.

2 Likes

I also think we are very short in that area.

So unless we are buying someone there as well.

I would agree with this. Bower does appear to be fairly genuine. Obviously a pinch of salt as with any source but worth noting what he says, rather than completely igoring as one might with others.

The Clark chat stepping up a notch

https://x.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1822743683370041398

1 Like

With the link between Salzburg and Leipzig, adding a percentage sell on fee wonā€™t work to our advantage as it normally might, as they will just keep the fee down if he progresses from one Red Bull club to the other.

Not sure how we protect our interests. Maybe a buy-back?

If Clark goes for the sort of sum mentioned, he could easily bump up to Leipzig and then be a 50m player.

Mind you, if we donā€™t want him, and donā€™t want to find him a loan, the price will be what it is. Salzburg are getting close to their record. They donā€™t pay huge fees.

seems like decent money to be bluntā€¦ lad wasnt out of place, but as you say, if we dont want him, cant find an appropriate loan, then for the players progress we should be cashing inā€¦

on a holistic side it also would continue to show people thinking of signing for our academy theres good chances of progression to the first team, but if your not quite there, we wont stand in your way of progressā€¦

5 Likes