The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I would see if we can get a buy back.

Anyone hearing any grumbling about Konate and Slot not liking his effort. I saw a few things on FB and X from shitty sites but just wondering where itā€™s come from.

Thatā€™s where youā€™re going wrong.

7 Likes

I agree.

Weird thing to be posting the day rumours about your departure arise.

https://x.com/Bobbylclark10/status/1822750876915626216

Maybe heā€™s just a bit sad to be going.

On the last day of school my kid was upset to be leaving juniors, but also excited to be about to start seniors, change can be unnerving lol.

3 Likes

Except heā€™s going from the seniors to the juniors.

The greyed out image is an instagram trend to signal that youā€™re leaving a club. So heā€™s confirming the deal without actually saying anything.

2 Likes

Yupā€¦He is sadā€¦Looks obvious. Like the lad. He definetly has bags of potential. We need a buy-back clause for sure and 30% sell-on clause. Could end up like Solanke

1 Like

for real?..

Started disliking this Zubi deal. Its not his fault but Fabio, now Clarke, next i guess will be Bajcetic on loan and if Zubi doesnt come its like we have lost Thiago, Clarke, Bajcetic, Fabio without any replacement.

Yeah I noticed it this summer when I was waiting for the released/retained lists to come out - players from all different clubs were ā€œannouncingā€ their departure before the lists came out by posting greyed out images of themselves with no caption.

1 Like

Fabio and Thiago were largely replaced along with Hendo last summer when we brought in 4 midfielders

2 Likes

There is a lot of bed wetting going on, what will be will be I will still support my team and expect them to win every game

3 Likes

As is usual on this forum.

6 Likes

There, this is more like @cynicaloldgit.

2 Likes

There is a lot of bedwetting (e.g. impatience with Zubi deal) but understand folk expressing bconcern about young players leaving. I certainly wouldnā€™t want to see Baj or Doak going, even for a loan. We have the same squad as last year and needed all the kids for a couple of months

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m getting a bit concerned with the trajectory here.

It does feel a little odd that a couple of months ago we were excited to see a good crop of youngsters take up opportunities within the squad, and now we are seeing, or at least hearing rumours, at a significant number of them are being moved on or the club would like to do so.

It could of course be a mild reset - as @Limiescouse has suggested for a number of players like Clark, opportunities here may be limited so him leaving allows us to pave the way for the group below such as Nyoni to progress here while he develops at a club he can build a career at with regular first team footballā€¦

5 Likes

Remember, itā€™s business first.

Money for new signings have to come from somewhere, not gonna magically appear out of Johnā€™s pocket is it, so if Mo is staying, if Diaz is staying, if Trent is staying, Jones Harvey Gomez Kelleher etc all staying. Then off ya pop kids.

1 Like