The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

That’s your opinion, but some may be a bit concerned that we are selling "kids " off just a tad bit early , for example …let’s say we get rid of doak…imo doak is a better player than Salah was at his age, Salah only came really good when he came to us , and for us to keep Salah & hopefully doak to learn / be his understudy in the remaining time Salah has left would outweigh any short term benefits of selling doak now

2 Likes

I, too, like to cut my nose off while yelling “fuck you, face!”

3 Likes

I think if the price is right the Clark one makes tons of sense, unfortunately.

For him he gets to reunite with a manager who gave him his breakthrough, playing a very good standard with European football and a club where he’ll get chances.
And for us I think the switch is style makes his role a little redundant, not defensive enough for one of the deeper roles not ready to play as the most attacking and we’ve got more youngsters ahead of him.

1 Like

The overwhelming majority of players who make it even as far as our U21 ranks will not have much prospect of a long career here. For a player to get some first opportunities and do well enough in them that they generate interest and a potential 8 figure fee is in the top 10% of successful outcomes for both the club and player. There might be a small number of additional opportunities for a player from the academy to step into this season, but there will be another player ready and eager for that opportunity. In this particular case it seems the next in line has even more potential and so adds to the logic of making some room for him

3 Likes

If it was up to me I’d send them all out on loan to develop. Championship, league 1, Serie A, Belgian league. Pretty much anywhere except the SPL. No benefit keeping them around until they’re 20/21 as it narrows the pathway to achieving a more successful career. Musialowski, Koumetio, Fraudendorf etc all these should’ve headed out on loans earlier.

What I’m saying is if we’re not taking revenue by way of selling the bigger assets, then some of the younger ones will be …(& a lot of people won’t like this word) sacrificed.

Carvalho makes a fair bit of sense as does SvDB.

I liked Clark hence why I was keen on him but let’s see how the deal breaks down. Be worth trying to get a buy back on him.

Doak as I said confuses me a little as there is no one obvious on that side unless we are about to splurge out there.

Yesterday did demonstrate how big our squad is. Interesting to compare the last time we played back to back games under Klopp. I just don’t want to end up short. If we did go through all games it would break our record season they were saying and Slot from his record elsewhere doesn’t seem the type to dump cup runs.

It’s one of those that will get answered with time.

1 Like

What happened to Gordon? I’ve missed essentially the entire pre-season, did he not get any time at all?

He stayed with the U21s ahead of an expected loan move.

1 Like

He’s going to Swansea isn’t he?

Interesting comments from Slot after the game acknowledging that the Brentford issue is why Carvalho was not involved, but denying the same was true of Sepp. He said he’s simply played a lot of minutes already so they gave him a break calling it “load management”

I really try not to be negative about youth players, but Doak does not impress me. Even with all the acknowledgements about being young and having missed a lot of football, he seems very one dimensional. Unless he is showing something different behind closed doors it is difficult for me to see him being one of the players under consideration to stand in for Mo when a change is needed.

4 Likes

Liverpool Talent To Meet Arne Slot Within Next 24 Hours For Future Talks

Liverpool boss Arne Slot will speak to one of the Reds’ youngsters within the next 24 hours to come to a decision on his future, according to Wales Online.

Liverpool youngster Kaide Gordon is one player who could go and he has interest from no fewer than three Championship sides.

Gordon joined the Premier League side back in 2021 from Derby County and he is expected to leave Anfield on loan.

However, Gordon will meet with Slot within the next 24 hours to discuss where he should go.

Swansea City are one of the teams interested in Gordon and the Welsh giants do appeal.

1 Like

2 Likes

My fingers often work out of sync with my brain

2 Likes

I fully agree I struggle to see what the hype is with Doak.

1 Like

Whenever you see all our first team squad players listed, it is a lot of them! Then when you factor in the various young players trying to make the step up, the list grows even further. So far, so obvious.

Therefore it is incumbent on us to trim it.

The very best youngsters will find their way in. Quansah. Bradley. Probably Bajcetic - although after injury and missing some action, he might do a loan as his next move, we’ll see.

We will have plenty of youngsters who get close to the first team squad, and some of them might even make an appearance or two here and there, but they will not make it here. They will still have an opportunity to carve out a decent future in the game elsewhere.

As they move on, it creates space for more youngsters to try to stake a claim. Again, most of them will move on, but at some point, the very best might rise up to get into the first team squad.

Quansah and Bradley now. Bajcetic too. And of the young midfielders we’ve seen, even though Clark looks a good player, I would have to say that Nyoni, on first impressions, looks like his ceiling might be higher. He has a lot of growing and developing to do, but on the little we just saw in preseason, he seemed to have that x factor about him.

Young players know that if they come here they will receive great coaching and every chance to maximize their ability. They know that making it at a team like Liverpool is a hell of a long shot, but we are fair, and we will help them have a future in the game if they can. And plenty will.

2 Likes

Carvalho done.
https://x.com/BrentfordFC/status/1823051741241466982

4 Likes

I thought that was the poster for the new Penguin series coming out this autumn

6 Likes

These things make me chuckle as I’ve got a bit of insight into how chaotic and stressful it can be for all involved to get something as simple as this put together.

Media team get an idea signed off and the person at the centre of it can just rock up and say they don’t want to do it. Then it actually hits socials and some poor schmuck has to manage all the comments because they know the player will be watching and moaning to the club if people take the piss.

2 Likes

It’s a good move for him and he’s going back to the London area where he grew up, which may have appealed to him. I’m disappointed as I think he has a lot to offer us but I hope he thrives at Brentford.

7 Likes

All while the team responsible is now running at 25% staffing because AI

2 Likes