The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I much prefer Kudus to Raphina, and would be happy if he is someone we sign. The link with Heitinga is promising too.

2 Likes

Raphinia no for me.

1 Like

Kudus is a very good shout. West Ham got him for less than 40 million. He is a brilliant player

2 Likes

But it’s hard to say who. Diaz I think is great but lacks more end product. Gordon? Really not sure what he has. Williams? Yes please but wants Barca…

Which goes against your post right above this one that implies you can’t get quality players at affordable fees.

6 Likes

Sign Messi. Find a time travel machine where we could send just him back to 2004 while the rest of the world lives on in the present say and I’d say we’re good to go.

1 Like

If you follow the @cynicaloldgit school of thought, then there is no amount of work a “transfer team” can do to win us anything.

3 Likes

Note that my rule only applies to the Premier League. :wink:

3 Likes

Lol. This season he will be worth 100 million as his 80 million release clause expired. We don’t take a punt when they are affordable as you never know how it will turn out and spending 40 million is 50-60% of our budget.At the same time we can’t afford to spend big once they become well established. Hence my previous post.

2 Likes

And pray he doesn’t ask for a transfer to Barca!!

Do you really not see the contradictions in your arguments?

4 Likes

I don’t think it will happen but I think Kudus makes a ton of sense because he’s a brilliant deputy/long term replacement for Salah but can also get minutes as the most attacking of the midfield three to give him plenty of time and is plenty of options.

2 Likes

That “long term” replacement for Salah will currently need to be here this time next year. Along with a new top centre back and a right back.

Hopefully we’ll have found a 6 within the current squad so we don’t feel like we need one of those too. And we’ll need to cross our fingers and hope that Barca are either too skint to come chasing Diaz again or so flush they can afford Williams instead.

At least we might be set at goalkeeper when Alisson leaves in a couple years. Just have to hope Kelleher doesn’t leave in the meantime.

2 Likes

@pauljoyce on a podcast said there is a good possibility we don’t sign anyone…

@_pauljoyce
@bornnredlfc
on possible no transfers: “It’s possible, the squads not as bad as people make out. They won’t just sign someone for the sake of it”
@_pauljoyce

via

@bornnredlfc

: “I think they’ve taken their eye off the ball would be my view on the Trent situation”

@_pauljoyce
@bornnredlfc
: “As it stands, I don’t think there will be another midfield signing. I know that will upset people, but I think that’s something for them (LFC) to be judged on in six months’ time

1 Like

This is pretty good.

https://x.com/paddypower/status/1824415817481470283?t=4Rz9pu8RrQTJf60NRcNsYw&s=19

1 Like

Joyce. What makes him a god? Feck him. No one knows. I hate chancers living off our rumours.

1 Like

Heard we’re now after Raphina…is that the same bod who played for Leeds.

I don’t think he is a chancer at all. What he says above is quite probable - we know the squad is relatively strong, we know FSG dont sign players for the sake of it, and we know zubimendi is one of a very small number of players that have the skillset for the role Arne is looking to get someone for.

2 Likes

Yes. Story is probably bogus though.