The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Gomez and 20m.

Absolutely. Hincape or Inacio, someone of that ilk. Definitely makes sense.

1 Like

Gomez is both better than and more versatile than Inacio, who would likely command a higher fee than Joe. Doesnā€™t sound like a viable link to me, our rumoured interest has never came from anybody reliable and if we really wanted him heā€™d be here already.

1 Like

As fans , weā€™ve got this habit of overrating our guys. The ship has sailed for Joe. He could have been Englandā€™s best CB.

Should we get to CP lad? Send Joe there?

Iā€™ve said this before but I think thereā€™s every chance Joe is back to his best this season, which is a VERY high level. A full season last year of being injury free and playing consistently, heā€™s not been able to do that this the title winning season where he was immense. I think he could get close to that if heā€™s allowed to play most weeks, which is unlikely to happen here unfortunately.

At the rumoured Ā£45m asking price I have little issue with us selling him providing we have a solution in mind in terms of covering the decent amount of minutes he played last year. Heā€™s our 3rd choice LB, 3rd choice RB and 5th choice CB who peaked a number of years ago and has unfortunately struggled to get back to those levels, largely due to injuries. Been a fine servant at the club and deserves the chance to go and be a first choice elsewhere, or if the Bayern interest is genuine then that would also be a great move for him.

Palace want Ā£75m for Guehi, canā€™t see us being willing to go anywhere near that kind of fee. Gomez plus say Ā£30m doesnā€™t represent great value.

If thereā€™s a serie A club which can pay the money as well.

Joe will boss that League.

I think we need to keep cause and effect straight on this. The bench is strong and you can understand why he has not made it on merit if slot prefers Konate. Heā€™s not missing today because heā€™s looking for a move, he is looking for a move because after 10 years he cannot make the bench when everyone is fit.

1 Like

Lovely way to start the season. A whole two weeks to sort something now that most people could see was an area we should have been looking to improve this summer.

Probably just keep Sepp now as they wonā€™t think anyone else could be better than what we have.

I think if Gomez had done the full pre-season or if Kostas hadnā€™t, he probably takes Kostasā€™ place due to his versatility.
As opposed to it just being Joe or Konate.
But thatā€™s just my opinion with nothing to back it up.

I doubt it to be honest, Slot likes his FBs to play wide so I doubt heā€™d want Gomez cutting inside. Its Bradley who has forced Gomez out.

Think Tsimikas will hopefully look a little less erratic playing as a concentional FB rather than doing all the silly coming inside nonsense he struggled with last year.

2 Likes

I was thinking Tsimkas looked comfortable when he came on.

We will need to buy a CB in my view if we do sell Gomez.

Quansah goes off highlights that. (Ah not hard but still VVD wonā€™t play 50+ at the high).

With every deal as long as we are not left short.

3 Likes

Tsimikas looked very good when he came on.

I think Robbo needs a solid kick up his backside. Be a tough Taskmaster and make Tsimikas start the next match.

4 Likes

Still think Slot not making any subs in midfield was bit of a message.

Or heā€™s playing them into fitness and rhythm

5 Likes

No

In that case it worked against his intended message

Itā€™s 8 days to the next match. Reckon He wanted his first choice midfield to have the most time considering they didnā€™t have much of a preseason.

7 Likes