The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Just the first game into the season, new coach in his first game and we can’t wait to make a huge theory of gaffer Vs club situation again.

1 Like

Easy to look good when the opposition are shattered. Tsimi seems a good guy but he’ll never be a fraction of Robbo

3 Likes

Yup seems the intention of some.

Sure. But Robbo didn’t do well in the first half.

2 Likes

Thats known as conformation bias.

1 Like

True, he was terrible for the first twenty minutes or so. Unrecognisable.

Robertson needs to be replaced. Just doesn’t offer enough. His form has waned the last two or three seasons.

1 Like

I think Tsimikas’s short passing and ball control is better although Roberson is much better everything else.

Tsimikas isn’t better than Robbo still.

But Robbo should get a kick up his backside. If anything, this should serve as a wake up call.

No one is irreplaceable.

Tsimikas came on once the game had already changed and the challenges they were posing us were almost entirely extinguished. Comparing his performance with that of Robbo while heavily influenced by the first half when everyone was struggling is not very informative

5 Likes

Read an article about that the other day:

3 Likes

With regards to Robertson being replaced, my view to be clear is we need a new first choice left back. A position which needs strengthening. Let’s see what happens for the rest of the window.

1 Like

Been enough noise from reliable sources around Ait-Nouri to think we’ve been doing ground work on him for a while, next summer I could see that happening.

1 Like

I won’t begrudge Gomez a move. This time last year, I was desperate for his sale. Now, I’m ambivalent about it - if club can get a decent amount of money and invest it into a player who will properly strengthen the team (not you, Gordon), I won’t have any issues.

If Slot thinks Van Den Berg is good enough and can become even better for Liverpool at CB position, then I’m all for it. That would mean that this side has two decent-to-great players for each of the four positions in the back line.

Theoretically, that should be enough unless the curse of injuries rears its ugly head again. Regardless, though, I expect us to strengthen in defence over the next year or so. I hope that Trent and Van Dijk extend, I’m beginning to really worry about it.

1 Like

I wanted an LB on preference. It’s not about Robbo’s performance today. Age does play a part and we are at the point where we see diminishing returns.

Tsimikas has shown that he isn’t going to push Robbo.

Robertson was brilliant at the end of last season.
Not great in the first 20 today but it’ll take a VERY good player to displace him. Nonsense that he’s been off it for two or three seasons.

5 Likes

Isn’t he also coming back from an injury?

4 Likes

Which seem to be occuring more frequently.

Not more frequently than anyone else.

2 Likes

if we have to replace him, it’ll have to be a scot, unless Doak can pitch in with a regular place…