The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

He went to the Euro’s carrying an injury. It’s why he didn’t play any preseason.

2 Likes

Looks like Gomez may be on the way out. He was a healthy scratch against Ipswich. We already lost Matip, if we lose Gomez as well Liverpool must sign a senior CB to replace.

All the club has done this window is SELL without a single concrete signing to show for it and less than 2 weeks left in the window!

Why is Edwards back if he’s not allowed to COOK with transfer incomings? Hopefully he’s burning the midnight oil and we’ll have a couple of presents under the tree before the window slams SHUT!

2 Likes

Not really, we’ll play more with our wingers a bit wider than under Klopp and Slot likes to play with his full backs (sometimes one staying to build more with 3, etc.). But we can already see their average positions are a little bit more inside. Position of Geertruida at Feyenoord also.

Anyway there had to be a time for Gomez to try something new and perhaps this is it now. We’ll see if we keep Berg or sign a CB instead.

Other than that, I’m more than fine having Trent & Bradley and Robbo & Tsimi in full back areas. It’s enough. Some of the best quality and depth in football actually. The extra “9th” defender can be someone else.

4 Likes

You are wantonly mixing your metaphors.

@cynicaloldgit

has been notified.

10 Likes

Four CBs are considered minimum by top clubs (Chelsea eighteen).

6 Likes

You really are absolutely clueless, aren’t you? I’ll give you a clue. Edwards is not employed by Liverpool FC. Edwards is employed by FSG.

4 Likes

We support an holdings conglomerate. What a time to be alive.

I mean technically we support the subsidiary of a holdings conglomerate…

5 Likes

Apparently, Zubimendi is saying that he really wanted the move, but his family didn’t want to leave Spain.

4 Likes
1 Like

Sociedad probably had some compromising material of the family members.

FSG doesn’t have any other football club apart from Liverpool. Edwards would need to give the go ahead for any transfer to happen.

Not if it’s well-run, because that would be micro-managing. It would be his job to plan and set up the new clubs, and how to manage them all under one umbrella.

I can’t help but think that they looked at the news, saw that there was a racist lynch mob running riot down the road from where they would be living, and really had cold feet.

I can’t blame them.

10 Likes

It would be terrible if that was the case.

5 Likes

https://x.com/davidlynchlfc/status/1825066963791478829

7 Likes

Excited for him, definitely not at the level we require and never will be but proud of him for having a good preseason and earning a move. The lad has had horrible injury issues.

9 Likes

Chelsea haven’t been a top club for 4 years.

1 Like

Yeah some of these deals are just a churn. Never really saw this lad making it here.

2 Likes
8 Likes