The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Maybe an injury next game will make us go for a CB on loan.

Heā€™s not good enough

3 Likes

Imprisoned with us until he finally scores (in the right net)

1 Like
1 Like

we in trouble nowā€¦ our quickest defender off on loanā€¦

Liverpool defender Rhys Williams has joined Morecambe on loan until January.

The 23-year-old, an FA Youth Cup winner with the Reds in 2019 and a former England U21 international, will spend the first part of the campaign with the League Two side after agreeing a temporary switch.

Williams, who joined Liverpool as an U10 player and made 19 senior appearances during the 2020-21 season, has since had loan spells with Swansea City, Blackpool, Aberdeen and Port Vale.

Morecambe have begun their League Two campaign with defeats by Walsall and Gillingham, and are next in action on Saturday when they travel to Doncaster Rovers.

2 Likes

This is frustrating, heā€™s played in a team that qualified for Champions League, in teams that play in the Championship, but heā€™s ended up in a League Two team?

3 Likes

He wasnā€™t that bad to be a in a league 2 team.

1 Like

I think Ruddock and Dicks were quickerā€¦

To the bar at least.

2 Likes

Itā€™s become clear what the plan is; weā€™re trying to be the anti Chelsea. As quickly as they add players, we sell them.
We should end up with an eleven man squad.
The accountants will be overjoyed.

There have been suggestions LFC are keeping a watching brief on Marc Guehiā€™s situation. The understanding early in the window, however, was the Reds were not interested in signing the CB, and there has been no indication that stance has altered. [

@IanDoyleSport

]

Morecambe is only a 45min drive from North End of Liverpoolā€¦ He be home having his tea before some of the other players are out of the shower.

1 Like

Yeah, we will do exactly that - watchingā€¦

1 Like

Aston Villa, Chelsea and a host of other clubs contemplating whether to formalise their interest in Joe Gomez. Newcastle could do likewise if they fail to agree a deal for Guehi. [

@IanDoyleSport

Hereā€™s hoping Hughes has grown a set of balls and told Chelsea to fuck off already.

We will be very thin at the back even if one of Gomez and SvdB stays.

Hope thereā€™s some truth to the Inacio rumours.

1 Like

Looks like we are clearing the decks a bit so thereā€™s some space for incoming. Who the defender will be remains to be seen. I half wonder if it might be Kossounou, if Sepp might be going to Leverkusen?

1 Like

I think I want a young LB that can spell Robbo at times and will eventually take his spot for good. I donā€™t think Tsimikas is up for it, and Robbo is starting to slow down a bit, not sure he can handle the same workload of minutes. This is probably the top of my list of things Iā€™d like.

If Gomez goes, definitely a CB. If Gomez stays, I think weā€™re OK but still need to be ready to buy one soon.

Iā€™m not that worried about the #6 spot. I think the Spanish deal was just trying to take advantage of a great player being available. Iā€™m not totally convinced the Spanish guy is out of the picture yet anyway, reports are negotiations for a new contract arenā€™t going smoothly. I still think TAA would be fine playing in one of the spots with Bradley playing RB. And that 17 year old kid must be highly rated to be on everyoneā€™s list, not to mention Bajcetic (who I think has a chance to be special).

And Iā€™m sure they are crunching all the data on right sided attacking players for the eventuality of needing to replace a really good one. Probably going to be someone Iā€™ve never heard of.

The fact that they are buying an eventual replacement for Allison shows that they are at least trying to plan ahead. Another deal that gets done because a great young player was available, rather than needed (similar to what they tried to do with the Spanish #6).

It might be the case that we have a fairly busy January after Slot gets some games under his belt and figures out exactly what he has. I know thatā€™s what preseason is for buts itā€™s hard to say until the bullets are flying and you see them in action.

Not that worried about some of the youth players being sold, itā€™s good business all around. Probably not going to make it here, but weā€™re setting them up to succeed and all of them will be success stories for the academy. I wish them all happy long careers. Itā€™s good that they are wanted.

1 Like

Why do I feel this isā€¦

ā€œI havenā€™t a clue whatā€™s happeningā€

2 Likes

NEW: Brentford hope to see off late interest from Bayern Leverkusen to sign Sepp van den Berg, who would become the second player to sign from Liverpool this month. Liverpool want more than Ā£20 million for the defender. [
@garyjacob

we have a bidding war ladies and gentsā€¦

4 Likes