The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I’m hoping that he knocks the Scotland games on the head. That just seems too much now. I’d be sorry to see him retire from internationals, but I don’t think it is doing anyone any favours.

5 Likes

Looks like this is pretty much done.

https://x.com/_pauljoyce/status/1825960402196509048

3 Likes

BREAKING: BOTH Bayer Leverkusen and Brentford have agreed £25m deals with Liverpool for Sepp Van Den Berg. The player now must decide which club to join. [

@telegraaf

]

4 Likes

Tough choice.

2 Likes

How long ago was it he was publicly complaining that Liverpool werent being fair to him to hold out of for 20m? 3 weeks?

5 Likes

think he will go back to germany, seems to like it there. Unless the wages at brentford are higher and hard to resist

2 Likes

On the other hand, he could be playing in the Champions League next month.

2 Likes

£25m if true that’s a good fee indeed.

1 Like

https://x.com/David_Ornstein/status/1825995261069439396?t=sVaHJgOMFBTqn7Zivuvddg&s=19

Are palace selling their two best defenders late in the window :exploding_head: or is Guehi staying put.

Expect the Gomez to Palace rumours to start in the morning.

Be a bit of a step down for Joe but back closer to where he grew up, potentially play every week for a side looking like they’re on the up and Guehi has shown it’s playing there isn’t a barrier to getting picked for England and may well be a stepping stone to bigger things.

That or Palace just shut down any chance of Guehi going now and Newcastle renew their interest.

3 Likes

Was just going to post ornsteins tweet re. Newcastle looking elsewhere.

Carlos looks to be leaving Villa. That would be a good move for Gomez. European footy, decent manager, club looking in good shape. Not sportwashers.

Bidding war would do, but we have to be spending on a couple i feel if we are letting Gomez and Sepp go.

no one knows except Parrish, on what the plan is at this point

find this a real odd move, well, sidewards move.

He’s 28 with 2 years left on his current deal at Palace. You’d think if he’s making a sideways move like this it just means Fulham giving him a contract that will continue to pay him premier league starter money for longer into this 30s than Palace have seemed willing to.

He has also played for them before so maybe there is an attraction in going back.

1 Like

I really don’t understand why our only transfer of the window is going to be a goalkeeper to replace Alisson who won’t even get here till 2025. Alisson is only 31, it’s not like he’s even close to leaving the game. Most goalkeepers stay great into their late 30’s. I could easily see Alisson being solid until age 36 or 37. The Mama lad might turn out great but this was far from our greatest need.

2 Likes

I am confident we will be making at least one outfield signing

1 Like

Ok, and who do you think that will be?

I think the clear implication of the signing is that Liverpool and/or Alisson himself do not agree with this.

2 Likes

So if an opportunity comes to sign a keeper that is identified of huge potential at a reasonable price and who is willing to stay on loan for 2 years for our world class keeper who might leave in another 2 years, we should pass it up just because we have priorities elsewhere?

4 Likes

I think if Alisson was an outfield player, he would have been tempted to leave with his Brazilian friends but precisely he knew he still has top level football as a keeper, he stayed on but like most people think, he will not stay beyond this contract or will not be surprised if he leaves after this season.