The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

The thing about Mamardahsvili is that even if Alisson does extend his contract , Liverpool can extend his loan to another club.

I do think that Alisson will leave in 2 seasons but if he does have a change of heart, it’s not too much lost.

This could be just us making contingency plans incase Ali were to leave. Rather than get caught in the middle were we to sell both Kelleher and get quoted crazy prices when teams know we are desperate for a goalie.

Kelleher will probably be off by the end of this season.

1 Like

3 Likes

Alisson is still the best goalkeeper in the world. However, other in top 10 goalkeepers right now are also around his age or older. In the next 1-2 years, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Barcelona, and Atlético Madrid will likely need to replace their goalkeepers. Being proactive in the market is a smart move.

The goalkeeper market could become crazy in the next 2-3 years like the current market for defensive midfielders, or the center-forward market after the generation of players like Suarez, Aguero, Lewandowski, and Benzema.

5 Likes

Contradiction in his own post! Doyle we Geuhi

1 Like

That’s the beauty of the club looking at opportunistic chances to sign players - you are unlikely to know until it’s all but done (or close to done).

Might be one of Inacio, Guehi, or Branthwait, or another CB
Might be Gordon with Gomez going the other way
Might be a deep lying midfielder that’s not linked as yet.

Just because its quiet on the outside, it doesn’t mean the club staff are doing nothing

1 Like

That’s the kind of situations Hughes and Edwards thrive on!

2 Likes

Come on now. They sit around all day eating pie, sipping tea, and laughing at the furor of internet fans. If they were actually doing their job we would be hearing things. Its not possible for anyone to just quietly work on finding transfers or quietly have conversations about those transfers and it not to be all over the media. We are doomed I tell you, run by a bunch of muppets who dont know what they are doing.

/s

3 Likes

At this stage I’d be amazed if we see anything happen entirely out of the blue.

The keeper looks likely and has been rumoured for weeks.

Lot of CB movement but nothing involving Gomez so far. If he does go you’d be surprised if the lad replacing him wasn’t someone already strongly linked. If they replaced him at all.

No indication they wanted anyone other than Zubimendi to bolster midfield. Nothing all summer on any kind of alternative to Salah on the right.

I reckon unless Gomez goes we’re done for this window once the keeper is signed.

No one is coming in (except the Keeper) unless BOTH Joe and Sepp leave.

All these people building themselves up for a signing out the blue or a signing - it wont happen unless the above 2 go. All the players we have sold/selling never played for the 1st team on a regular basis or at all so they dont need replacing.

2 Likes

Allison has missed on average 14 games a season during his time here.

2 Likes

To be fair, that number is biased by the League and FA Cups, which we normally give to the backup. If we look at just European competition and Premier League, it’s 36 in 6 seasons.

1 Like

i think we will def sign another defender, regardless of what happens with joe. My money is on Inacio, with the way he plays and passes the ball…

1 Like

Partly true, but you also have to wonder how much it played into our thinking there that we felt we needed to find ways to get our back up some games knowing there was a good likelihood he was going to be needed at some point

4 Likes

No he hasn’t :rofl:

There was a spell 1 season where Adrian had to be drafted in for about 15 games and then there was last season where Kelleher filled in for a good portion, that’s it.

1 Like

I just looked it up, and it doesn’t seem particular to Alisson.

For 2015-16, Bogdán got those games until the semifinals of the League Cup, although he only played the third round in the FA Cup (and not even the replay), while Mignolet got the remaining games.

In 2016-17, whichever one of Karius or Mignolet wasn’t getting the League games was getting the cup games.

In 2017-18 I would say the same pattern holds, but we didn’t actually progress far in either domestic cup, although Ward got the League Cup game.

In 2018-19, Mignolet got both domestic cup games (again we got eliminated in the first game for both), while Alisson played the rest.

1 Like

@alex_crook
](x.com)

Looks like Sepp van ben Berg to [#BrentfordFC] will get done. Leverkusen also at the table as per reports. Fee will be over £20m. New #LFC board have been good sellers this summer.

2 Likes

In his 6 years here he has has had 5 separate absences of more than 1 game due to muscular issues (plus another one due to a shoulder injury from being fouled, which is a completely different category of injuries so should be considered separately). Two of those were substantial absences. That is not normal for a goalie and illustrates that the idea a goalie who cannot get through a season in his twenties without recurring hamstring issues will go on without issue until close to his 40th birthday is a total folly.

2 Likes

I’m not disputing the argument, just being pedantic about the facts around missing games.

2 Likes

Would be fun for him to go to Brentford so that Leverkusen put a halt to any chance of Tapsoba going to Newcastle.

But then also takes a couple options off the table that have been linked with us should Gomez push for a move.

Intriguing little puzzle but increasingly think Gomez will still be here once the window shuts.

3 Likes

Which suits me as theres then no imminent need to get anothet CB in.

1 Like