The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

That attempt was weaker that @cynicaloldgit sperm count.

3 Likes

Guys. Sancho anyone - loan with an option to buy for say 30-35 million? He is still 24 and wants out !!

2 Likes

Time to switch off the PlayStation mate

8 Likes

We don’t do business with the Mancs. And even if we did , it’d still be a no.

1 Like

I think his wages would put him in the top level in our set up, which would not seem justified.

I do see the allure of the player who was though. Years ago, when he was at Dortmund, he looked like a smashing player who was going places. Since then it is hard to say how much of it has been stalled development, too much money too soon, or some genuine bad luck/poor choices going to the likes of a stale and struggling Man Utd, where the manager seemed to delight in making an example of him.

There is a chance someone might get a real star at a depressed price, but it comes with a lot of risk. Swerve for me. But I can see the thinking.

2 Likes

There have been persistent reports that the people he chooses to surround himself are not conducive to professionalism, and that appears worse in the UK than in Germany. As you say, his wages kill any interest in taking that risk.

3 Likes

Mate. Seriously do you think we should have gone for Gallagher? A mid of Macca and Gallagher with his running and passing could have been ideal for the pivot? I was surprised we didn’t go for him - is it just me ?

Starting to think it might be.

9 Likes

You know what they say, it’s the quality that’s important.

1 Like

Gallagher?

Decent player. But therein lies the problem. We already have a number of those, so at that point I’d rather see what Slot can do with Gravenberch. He has a lot of gifts to bring, and if Slot can harness him into the double pivot, we might not look back.

If there’s a clear upgrade, like Zubimendi, fine. But failing that, I’m fine if we go with what we have in the midfield. We might yet come up smelling of roses.

I’d love this. Who needs defenders when you score 5 goals a game.

1 Like

i will say, Hughes does like to take his time. Has been trying to sign this goalie going onto two weeks now

An actual rumour, from the BBC:

Liverpool are closely monitoring Bayer Leverkusen and Ecuador defender Piero Hincapie, 22. (Football Insider)

As reported elsewhere, he plays in a back 3 at Leverkusen, so whether we truely see him as a left centre back in our system is probably the question. Also plays a bit of LB.

Isn’t his agent a dick? If so I don’t think we will deal with him again.

I don’t know if it’s exactly analogous, but we do reply to @aussielad’s posts.

He has the same agent as Caicedo, kind of. But it’s not that the agent is a dick, but that there were 4 or so different people claiming to represent Caicedo

9 Likes

Its always been one of thise unwritten rules, but now that it is out in the open i can confirm this insidious and tormentuous bullying.

*repoted ti HR

3 Likes

7 Likes

No wonder Bournemouth let him go.

3 Likes

And you peasants have the ordacity to mock me for suggesting as a break glass in case of emergency solution we consider Sterling in a mentor capacity. #Heathens!

6 Likes