The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Yeah far more than my own evaluation of what is needed in terms of moves this summer, the fact Virgil was fairly open about wanting to see one is my main reservation about doing nothing. I can see the rationale for holding tight after the Zubi deal fell through, but its far harder to feel comfortable with when the captain is running down his contract and talking about the club needing signings.

2 Likes

This is one deal in which I wouldnā€™t mind us being gazumped. A quality player no doubt but, oh myā€¦that injury recordā€¦

2 Likes

And whatā€™s about the mountains and the food? :sunglasses:

I also get a bit of Arthur Melo flashbacks btw

2 Likes

The Italian Neto for 15m?? Fuck yeah!

Plus he can actually score more than 3 goals a season.

Someone who can step in for Salah when heā€™s not able to play all the minutes like he used to makes sense, not many better around than Chiesa. Low fee, modest wages. 26/27. Italian stallion, whatā€™s not to like?

2 Likes

Motta is reshaping the club, wants half the squad out for new players to be brought in and the Juve board seem to be obliging.

Played a lot under Allegri last season and did pretty well.

If Arne can rediscover some of his old form then weā€™d have just paid 15m for a player worth 60-70m.

1 Like

@Nikola , please make the transfer thread.

4 Likes

We have to wait for another reliable source, only Romano so far and some parrots copying him.

Maybe itā€™s from his agent or something

2 Likes

Quality cover across the attacking positions for a bargain price, and hopefully not needing to play regularly will keep his injuries in check. Works for me, tbh.

8 Likes

Donā€™t u dare reject us

3 Likes

You see, since itā€™s Romano, I wonā€™t be the one to open a thread. Surely this has to be some paid rumour, heā€™s known for that? I mean, Chiesa is a beautiful player when fit but he has been anything but since doing his ACL.

7 Likes

If we are after him, it is to come in as backup and a spot starter and we can manage both his minutes and rest Salah a tiny bit without a huge drop off in quality.

For me, at the right price, that would be fantastic because a player of similar quality is just hard to get.

He was unplayable in Euro2020. Remember thinking iā€™d love to be watching this kid every week. If he could rediscover that form and stay injury free this would be some signing.

Big ifs though.

1 Like

I am going to respond in this single post , to not spam this thread further with multiple posts/replies from multiple users, as this will lead to 2 things:

• The idea of this thread will get lost and it will continue to drive off topic.
  • Clearly, the crux of my initial conversation has been lost , leading up to people picking up bits and pieces out of whole post as per their convenience.
  • Itā€™s very hard to reply to every person who knit picks things from your post to suit their convenience.

@Limiescouse, I am never of the opinion that a player cannot be improved and if there is a solution in house , then that should always be preferred. This was never a question for me ever. My sentence about Grav as the messiah, was a dig if you take it into the context of reading that whole post.
Hereā€™s the post again ā€¦

My point was very explicit. And, itā€™s still remains the same.
There is a difference to what I said and what you interpreted. You said, that I assume not buying is standing still and looking for solutions within is wrong. I equally justified not buying in 2019 after winnin the CL(The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3) - #4729 by maxpain17), because that team was at itā€™s peak, winning, with adequate depth. My point rather was about that this wholesome idea that there are no players to improve us and this squad does not require any further additions, as thatā€™s the narrative thatā€™s been floating around.
I am even more surprised today reading here that some are even justifying the player contracts that have not been sorted out .It is criminal to ask 5 of the starting 11 from 2019 to still go again and again and again, every season. Mentally as a player , it kills you, let alone we have lost a manager who got drained. We donā€™t have a squad to challenge on all 4 fronts. We are the 3rd best team in the league and thatā€™s the reality. At the end of the day , itā€™s the squad that wins you the league, not the first 11 and that squad including the first 11 can deffo be improved and should have been improved based on player contract renewal decisions this summer.

Limiescouse: I think the over riding philosophy we have for transfers is to do everything we can to reduce the chance of doing the wrong move and with a new manager, new coaching team, and Hughes being new to the club all happening at the same time you can understand how the pool of players they are confident in spending money on this soon is small, and that we might reasonable think weā€™re likely to spend our money better if we wait 6 months or until next summer for everyone to get a clearer view on what we have and what needs to be changed.

This is what I donā€™t agree with and questioned in my post here already
Pasting it here for your easeā€¦

I find it extremely hard to believe that people running the operations(club scouts,transfer operations/interim dof, head of research) before Edwards was confirmed(in March), did no groundwork over the past one year.
They were just sitting ducks waiting for Edwards/Hughes to come in and were collecting pay cheques. Basically, what everyone is implying then, is that previous(pre March) regime did not identify any players, they did not do any succession planning or they could not find any players as per statistics model who would have fit into the clubs strategy of playing football, this summer.
At one side, we talk about basics of our playing style remains the same, but then we suddenly cannot find players on this planet who match our new coachā€™s strategy ? The whole arguments of getting or finding a new coach was based on a similar playing style. Itā€™s strange to come up with the argument that research department list for search of players of buy and large similar playing style came somewhat empty.

Equally, I have said it, I am going to wait till the end of the transfer window to completely judge Hughes/Edwards, but it seems very clear that it is not allowed here to question what is going on . Or, just blindly believe silence is good, when your captain has come out publicly and asks for signing, because this squad really let the manager down near the end of the last season, Some of these players really caved in when it mattered and I donā€™t think some of them are built to handle this pressure ?

Finally, I hope this makes sense and picking up the Grav line out of the entire point of the context made no sense for me and ended up completely de voiding the actual point of the post and start a new debate, which wasnā€™t even a debate for me.

As far as this team/Grav or even Slot is concerned, I am not jumping any gun. I will take atleast 10-12 games to start judging player performances and how this team is looking. Currently, itā€™s Klopps team even in matchdays. Muscle memory which has been trained for over 8 years isnā€™t gonna unlearn in 2 weeks and players are gonna be playing Slot-ball. In match days, in adversity or split second, players will use what they have done for years, as in muscle memory . It will take atleast 3-6 months for any kind of pattern to completely set in .

@redfanman , these are not just any players for which contracts should not be handled because coaching has changed. The playing philosophy remain the same, irrespective of the change in coaching, how did 3 worldclass players being allowed to be in 4 months for pre contract talks. These are your world class players, the level of your team depends on them staying or not. This team can spiral into mediocrity losing world class players, with no succession planning. There is a reason why teams like Madrid, Barca or Bayern will be hovering around in December, if it goes on like this. The club needs to show ambition for these players , as they have carried this team on their shoulders far too long and I am sure, these players who have played and witnessed losing the league by a point, know better than anyone here , when they feel squad is not good enough to challenge or beat City for the title. Virgil and Ali interviews have not happened before like that over the past 5-6 years ever ? Have they ?

@redalways, Everything in a transfer window is a rumour, till a club confirms it as a signing or a departure. This doesnā€™t mean that everything you read is wrong. Thatā€™s like saying because you didnā€™t fly into space to see earth, you deffo believe earth is not spherical. It must be rumour , because you never saw it. Itā€™s a mature thing to take things with a pinch of salt and not discard whatever is presented in front.

@mascot, It would have been really pleasant to hear your opinion on this point about the work put in by the previous regime The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3) - #4753 by maxpain17 which you shrewdly ignored , and picked up the pieces on the grav debate initiated by Limiescouse, which was never even a debate for me.

PS : Please , bear with me, if I am not able to respond to every post and reply and every word taken out of context sometimes from the initial post. I have given up on my job for over a year and I am a full time care giver for my dad , who suffers from parkinson and a bed ridden mother. Any bit of a moment , I get for me, is either for my family, liverpool and then this forum. There are weeks/months when I donā€™t come here and some days I can be around for a whileā€¦so please donā€™t be offended by the fact that I didnā€™t respond to your message, or be under the impression I was afraid to complete the conversation and did not respond objectively to anyoneā€™s points. Trust me when I say this, from where I am seeing life now, Life is too short to hang on to your opinions strongly and is all about living to see the people you love , live one more day. If all of us were sitting in a pub, having pints I am sure the way these opinions are presented will be alot different, that what a machine lets us interpret.

Thanks and have a great day/evening everyone, wherever you are.
Cheers

12 Likes

And here come the confirmations from the local sources.

https://x.com/ptgorst/status/1828152102096343279

https://x.com/_pauljoyce/status/1828149523580953046

https://x.com/davidlynchlfc/status/1828153158603882635

6 Likes

TL. Can someone summarise?

5 Likes

This is so funny because at my work we have been discussing the evolving attention span of people and the importance of making things short and to the point to keep folks engaged

yep.

after an extensive and thorough search all summer we have patiently waited for the perfect time to strike and buy a player who prefers the left side of attack (where we desperately need back up) whos had his fair share of injuries (we should mean by the law of averages hes due a good run without them)

this should answer any critics of our transfer policy.

editā€¦oh yeah, and hes the mandatory <6% better than what we currently have

3 Likes

This is disappointing. Yes, we need someone to deputise for Salah but an injury prone player from Serie A and a club that has our number regarding player dealingsā€¦ So much for planning.

Depending on price, Chiesa could be high upside risk, low downside risk. Downside is another Keita, upside is that over 6 months he returns to his pre-injury form. We are long past the ā€˜carefully laid plansā€™ stage of the window where we sign a identified target and get our business done early. But as damage control this seems like it could be a worthwhile move.

2 Likes