The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Joyce has posted the same too. Let your hammer of doom fall.

1 Like

Meh. Any transfer rumor that has to be qualified with ā€œat the right priceā€¦ā€ isnā€™t that exciting.

2 Likes

This is what initiated it all, if that helps. The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3) - #4733 by maxpain17

1 Like

@JamesPearceLFC

: Liverpool are considering a move for Juventus winger Federico Chiesa. #LFC sources maintain the clubā€™s interest in Chiesa is exploratory. He has one year remaining on his contract and Juventus value him at around ā‚¬15m.

]

1 Like

I am sorry , if you find it funny. I didnā€™t want to spam this thread by constantly posting 5-6 posts every 2 minutes. Let alone didnā€™t have time , as my priorities are different, if you care to read the PS section of my post.

The idea was to keep this thread on topic and conclude this conversation to a decent end, so that everyone can again enjoy rumors. Please donā€™t judge people when you are not in their shoes. Thanks

2 Likes

If weā€™re willing to spend 15 mil euro on Chiesa, Iā€™d rather spend 50 on one who isnā€™t always injured.

my goodnessā€¦ it was all in good spiritā€¦ was not making fun of you at all. was highlighting how what you said was the same complaint from my workā€¦ was not a dig at you mate

4 Likes

Federico Chiesa is one of a number of options Liverpool are assessing ahead of the transfer deadline. [

@SkySportsLyall

]

5 days left in the transfer window, there wonā€™t be many opportunities like that. The player we might have paid 50M for is now 70Mā€¦

Chiesa has had a decent run for Juve over the last year, just a bout of problems in January (the ligament tear was January 2022). Juve is trying to move him for his relatively high wages due to their own constraints, not because he hasnā€™t been able to play.

5 Likes

Alberto Aquilaniā€¦ get ready for ptsd

5 Likes

I think this is @Nikola ?

6 Likes

We seem really good at considering players

4 Likes

Bayer Leverkusen have made an offer to Liverpool to take Tyler Morton on loan. Xabi Alonso is keen to add him to his squad. [

@_pauljoyce

]

11 Likes

well fuck John. Donā€™t show me up like that.

1 Like

Chiesa seems to be getting back to closer to his previous level. Last season he was productive and played over 30 times. I thought he was a busted flush after his injury, but looking into it since we have been linked, thatā€™s not the case.

Could be a very canny purchase. Tricky. Opens it up in the final third. I agree with the low downside/high potential upside evaluation.

Switching gears slightly, but what about any updates on a defender? Lukeba talk?

1 Like

Balotelli.

Please. No.

I think he is getting mislabeled here. He had one bad injury 3 years ago and his reintroduction in 22-23 was a bit stop-start, but outside of that two year window around the ACL injury there is nothing remotely eyebrow raising about his injury record. Like pretty much anyone there are one or two games here or there he missed, but he has otherwise been a player who has generally been available for selection. Far more noteworthy is the question of what his 100% level is now heā€™s recovered, but I think the uncertainties there are reflected in his price tag.

5 Likes

Fair enough. Price still makes me nervous in todayā€™s market.