The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1828688973801398372?s=46&t=7wKXPDhDsYTMmy6aIHrf-g

5 Likes

Keep an eye on Alan Varela from Porto though, I won’t be surprised if we pull a rabbit out of the hat by signing him on deadline day as our defensive midfield player.

2 Likes

80-100 million pounds for Nunez - We go out and buy Ivan Toney for 30-35 million. Varela from Porto. Chiesa is almost done. Sign a defensive cover - Inacio or Hincapie. We have more chances of winning the title and i would say favorites for the title. Net spend will be approx. nil. Next we can get into contract renewals of all our stars.

1 Like

I certainly would. I’ve been behind getting Toney since before we got Nunez. But are Arsenal really interested in Nunez?

I have a feeling we are in for varela.

3 Likes

It’s going to be someone completely out of the blue. I mean, how many links were there to Mamardashvili until a few days before it happened?

4 Likes

Darwin may not have been the best fit in Jurgen’s counterpressing team, but he can definitely be an asset with Slot’s build up play. I would still prefer him to stay as, the potential is definitely there. But, It really depends on what Slot has seen and observed in training and if he feels it’s better to cut our losses now than investing time/effort in improving him under his regime.

Not sure how reliable the news of Arsenal interest is ?

With regards to Toney, he may not even be considered by us because of the kind of profile he represents due to his involvement in betting charges. We usually always stay away from players involved in any kind of trouble. Suarez/Balotelli were probably the only exception, I guess. Otherwise, he is not a bad one given in terms of fees/availability/experience to put the money on , as we really don’t have any other out and out established striker at the club.

1 Like

Betting isnt a grave mistake. Dont think its that big a deal as many clubs are sponsored by them. He is a big player - Toney, Salah,Diaz and Jota/Chiesa as CAM with constant interchanging is relishing to watch.

2 Likes

I agree, it’s salivating that Combo, but it’s really all depends on what Slot wants. Betting is probably not that a huge thing from where we are looking at , but it’s a thing to ponder when you look at it from a club’s perspective, and we would probably stay clear of anyone who may bring negative PR. That’s the only reason I can think of that we may not go for him, if Darwin departs.
Funny thing though will be… if Toney only wants Saudi money :wink:

Be lucky to recoup half that.

1 Like

First link to Mamardhashvili was at the start of the month, but the time is not the key thing; the key thing is the source of the link. For Mamardashvili it was a local Valencia based journo, for Diaz and Nunez it was Portuguese journos (with an added Colombian for Diaz), Greek journos for Tsimikas, MacAllister was Argentinia and Brighton based journos, Szoboslai, Konate, and Gravenberch were German journos. For the bollocksed transfers last year Caicedo was Brighton journos first, Lavia was Belgian journos, this year Spanish journos were the first to mention Zubimendi.

Since the VVD cock up the club either doesn’t brief Liverpool orientated journos, or has them under strict instructions not to say a word until a deal is near the end stages. If you’re looking for who we might be intersted in its probably more relevant to look at if other club’s local journos are touting us as an option

3 Likes

Mate also he is a Liverpool fan and definetly wants to play for us. From an interview “Yeah I support Liverpool, I’m a Liverpool fan,” he said on the On the Judy podcast in 2021. “If they come knocking, who knows?”

3 Likes

ya…My thoughts as well unless Saudi wants him but he is too young to go there. Arsenal arent that bad with transfers and i can only laugh if Todd Boehly gets him for say 70-80 million and pairs him with Jackson upfront. lol.

wasn’t aware of that, Well, that may tilt the odds in his favor then !! :laughing:
But, we need to be quick on this, if we need to get this done, as Chelsea may have already stolen a march.

1 Like

On a lighter note from Twitter :wink:
Honestly Jesus isnt that bad but then again was comical. I can may be relate this to Jackson, Nunez and Mudryk :wink:

https://x.com/Shamsdale/status/1828542466980479313

4 Likes

If all Toney had done was dabble in betting I’d agree, but he regularly bet on Brentford to lose when he wasn’t playing which shows two things; a) he’s a bit of a stupid knob and b) not a player good for team morale if he’s so convinced his team mates can’t do their job. He also got recorded the year Brentford came up insulting the club. He has actively used the media to try and get out of the club and court a move upwards by diminishing Brentford.

Arsenal need a striker and are dipping on him not because of his quality, but because of his personality and his behaviour. Buying him would be inviting a rotten egg into the squad. Hard pass for me, personally. If he could keep his gob shut and his head down he’d have moved to a bigger club than Brentford a year and half ago. If he were Suarez good people would overlook the clear problematic aspects. Instead the only clubs that want him are a Saudi club and possibly a directionless Chelsea under Ash Ketchum trying to complete the PL playerdex. He has put himself in limbo as a good player that is too much of a pain in the arse

10 Likes

Add Saka as well no need for Chiesa then

It’s fine :wink: … LFC welcomes Ladbrokes as new official betting partner - Liverpool FC

2 Likes

Id happily see us move Nunez on for the right money.

1 Like

We don’t want to “can” anyone off, it’s easy to tell which 99% of the rumours are bullshit…even the Diaz to Barca noise I knew there was nothing substantial in it. There were recent quotes from Diaz stating how happy he was here yet fans still decided amongst themselves they’d stick to the rumours (maybe because they wanted them to be true moreso than actually believing they were true).

It doesn’t matter what Mo gets, is the plan for Chiesa to replace Mo when he goes? I don’t think so. Mo is good but to say he gets “2 assists every game” is :rofl: :rofl:. Has averaged an assist every 3 games in the last 2 seasons. Quite the difference between the 2 statements.

2 Likes