The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Not arsenal.
If he go abroad, its ok, strength our rivals is not.

But I don’t think Nunez and Arsenal’s boring football have any common.

1 Like

The right money:

Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt

In fairness to Chiesa he was actually 94th percentile in expected assists, clearly he just had some donkey up there wasting everything he created… (looking at the stats I think it was everyone not named Vlahovic).

3 Likes

Nunez weakens our team…would sell him.

3 Likes

Arsenal already have Jesus - They need someone lethal - although id argue they play better without a real forward.

Arsenal aren’t signing Nunez. Will eat my hat if they do.

2 Likes

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1828738394622497157

Chiesa looks close, but I can never make sense of what do these guys mean by posting… it’s almost done ? it’s either done or work in progress :wink:

2 Likes

Someone made the point about his filler tweets yesterday.

This is a classic example.

4 Likes

Stranger things have happened but you’d think that a transfer like this one would have been resolved by now. Nunez strikes me as someone who’d absolutely thrive playing for Simeone or Conte. Meanwhile, while I like Toney as a player (and he’s generally not a bad character), the betting part really puts me off.

If we’re talking about English forwards playing in PL, Watkins, player I scoffed at a few years back, is one who’d definitely thrive in Slot’s football. I can’t think of a complete centre forward at this moment who’d be even remotely available, though.

1 Like

Toney has worried me this last year, he wasn’t the player when he returned that he was.

Or that’s the vibes I got. Anyhow the Darwin story is eithier a massive coup for frankly a vague sports website or made up.

And I know what I’d bet on.

Not sure this is true. If it is then thats great and he is in No.2 position. Not sure who is #1.
https://x.com/MadnessFc4/status/1684207460603637760

Not heard any rumours that we are openly trying to sell Darwin, so if Arsenal do genuinely want him, it is up to them to make the offer something acceptable to us. Having had 2 years experience now in the Prem, recouping our initial outlay is a bare minimum for a player that has still to reach his peak age - that ain’t going to be cheap

4 Likes

Genuinely curious, what does Edwards do now on a day-to-day basis?

Fill the coffee machine for Mo?.. other than that I’m not sure either :joy:

5 Likes

Arsenal fans would all be bald by the end of the season, having ripped all their hair out

Yeah, Saka plus £50M and we’ll consider it.

2 Likes

Don’t need Saka, would prefer Saliba or Rice.

2 Likes

We do need to future proof the RW position so Saka plus Rice plus Saliba for Darwin plus £1

1 Like

I want Nunez to stay. His athletic gifts are incredible, and as we all know, the finishing is erratic, but he is still productive. But not quite productive enough.

So there is a legitimate argument to be had, but I would love to see what Slot can do with him. If it clicks, he is good enough to be in the conversation for best striker in the world. If it splutters, fair enough, move him on and sign someone else. But I want to see him play under Slot for a year, to see what becomes of it.

If it turns out the player wants a move, and we aren’t exactly putting our foot down, then ok, sell - but if it is this window, the price has to be good, or a very good player needs to come in, and he needs to go to another league.

Speculation time - Nunez started to make his name in Portugal. Maybe a little reset year or two at Porto, before another big move, while we take Varela off their hands?

1 Like

Too generous for Arsenal. Hughes out.

2 Likes