The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Never fear…

Nat is (still) here!

6 Likes

So is Jay Spearing for midfield!

4 Likes

3 Likes

He will have to stay onsides and hit the target, both of which he has failed to do consistently.

2 Likes

I thought that was the goalie we bought for a minute.

2 Likes

I thought Edwards was having a slow-motion wank!

1 Like

Yes, we’re going to miss the massive 5 minutes contribution he made last season. Even Clark contributed far more than he did, and will be a bigger loss.

2 Likes

What I meant was, you know when the team and especially the midfield suddenly fell off a cliff starting with that FA cup loss to Yernited? If we had another proper midfielder in the rotation last season (as we expected Thiago to contribute) then maybe that meltdown doesn’t happen. So, having one more midfielder in the squad feels pretty necessary. Unless we somehow reduce the midfield’s average workrate. Not sure how that’s possible

1 Like

I would say 1 outstanding and 3 very good.

1 Like

Looks like Gomez won’t be going to Palace after all. Palace supposedly buying some CB from Wolfsburg seems to mean that Guehi is off to Newcastle. Maybe.
https://x.com/SupportersNufc/status/1828781891220050101

Wasn’t that pretty much after that time we had so many midfielders injured we were playing Clark and McConnell a fair amount (~600 minutes combined across the whole season, which is the bigger concern with regards to replacing time) and reintroducing the injured players?

Not to mention trying to reintroduce both Robertson and Alexander-Arnold.

1 Like

At one point we were trying to bring Trent back and we probably shouldn’t have.

I think the sad news for Bradley brought him back sooner than we could have afforded if the sad news for Bradley hadn’t happened.

As we saw in preseason and in the first two games, I do think Slot pays closer attention to managing minutes and his style seems less taxing on the body compared to under Klopp (only Jones out so far).

For the midfield: As for how Slot sees the squad possibilities, it is hard to say. Could TAA and/or Bradley be considered in midfield? Will Nyoni see a few games?

For the CB position: Is Endo considered an option there? Will Nallo get a few games? Philips as the emergency option again? If Gomez leaves, I’m confident we will buy someone. If he doesn’t then I believe we will be pretty covered until January (i.e., emergency options getting less than 3 or 4 PL games in first half of season).

From his short time here, I believe Slot has more of a tendency to take calculated risks. i.e., sending Bajcetic out on loan when he could be cover knowing that he could come back a much better player with playing time.

1 Like

@VinnOConnor

: “#LFC have been in the market for a DM this summer. Could Liverpool be in for one this summer, again it comes down to availability, feasibility and the value in the market. It wouldn’t be too surprising if they were still able to make something happen”

Cheers for that update Vinny…in other news the sky is blue

6 Likes

@mattyhurst

LFC have been in the market for a CB this summer. Could Liverpool be in for one this summer, again it comes down to availability, feasibility and the value in the market. It wouldn’t be too surprising if they were still able to make something happen

8 Likes

@rupzzz

LFC have been in the market for a new coffee supplier this summer. Could Liverpool be in for one this summer, again it comes down to availability, feasibility and the value in the market. It wouldn’t be too surprising if they were still able to make something happen.

4 Likes

Tyler Morton is expected to stay at Liverpool. [

@SkySportsLyall

]

1 Like

Everton tried to sign Maxence Caqueret. The midfielder did not respond to the Toffees’ approaches. [

@FabriceHawkins

thats jus mean, could have at least said hello motto!!

8 Likes

Your tweet posts never load for me properly.