The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Barcelona have reportedly been offered a chance to sign former Manchester United and England midfielder Jesse Lingard. The 31-year-old is a free agent since leaving Nottingham Forest at the end of last season. (Sport - in Spanish)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What a chance

1 Like

Barcelona ain’t what they were.

Are they at the level of picking up Forest rejects?

Does a Boro reject count?

2 Likes

Jesse Lingard is a really good young player with bags of potential. If a team can unlock his talent, they will have one hell of a player as he matures and reaches his peak years.

2 Likes

Sometimes I’m not just sure if it’s just me that does that joke, so I always appreciate seeing others doing it too :joy:

2 Likes

Is 6’1 ‘undersized’?

Incidentally, I once sat next to Martin Braithwaite in an otherwise empty bar in Copenhagen. He shouted at the bartender, ‘Is it Friday?!’, and the bartender shrugged and said yes. It was a Sunday afternoon.

2 Likes

So the winter window has been open for a week now. Is Liverpool going to do ANY business?

Surely we could do with some depth in defence, particularly at left sided centerback with Matip OUT and Robertson injured?

No, come back in the summer.

Good point. It was mentioned in a few reports so I didn’t pay attention to how tall he actually was.

6’0 to 6’1 for a CB is not great, is not bad.

“Undersized” mentioned:

“Smaller size”
https://medium.com/@WeedTalksFootball/gonçalo-inácio-can-he-fit-jürgen-klopps-system-649c9e2d500

I always thought 6" definitely wasn’t undersized.

Oh, I’m sorry, you meant 6 foot :laughing:

I imagine some people will be losing their shit if we don’t spend 65 million by the 10th. It’s quiet in the rumour world.

What a difference being top of the league makes! Klopp said that getting a winter break was the greatest bonus. I bet he’s also thinking that being top and hence not having to field a millions boring questions about a new CB/midfielder is even better!

3 Likes

It’s awfully quiet on the transfer front. We likely won’t be making a signing this month it seems. Still feel like we need CB cover. Let’s see what happens.

It’s keep thinking we only have Van Dijk and Konate, and Gomez is having to play full back.

I don’t know why I keep forgetting about Quansah. I know he is young, but I think he’s shown that he is well capable of being g part of the Centre Back Group.

1 Like

It’s slightly problematic for us considering by the middle of Feb everyone is currently out should be back. It’s literally 2-3 PL games.

So unless we are buying for the future it’s not a lot we can do.

6 Likes

Except if there is an injury to Konate or Virgil. If that happens we are not in a great spot.

1 Like

But then do you buy another CB just in case? Bradley also changes matters a bit I assume if we bought we would look to someone who could play RB in an emergency.

It’s fascinating that Ramsey was the one who arrived with a bit of expectation but we already had a kid pretty much the exact same age on our books who can do that [gestures by extending arms out wide]

5 Likes