The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

It was a bit of a weird signing bevlcause of that. Its not like Bradley has suddenly come on, he was U21 POTY then we signed Ramsay and loaned Bradley to Bolton.

I will say in defence of Ramsay that he has also been terrific whenever he has played but its just been too infrequent, barely kicked a ball due to various injuries.

6 Likes

I guess the question is if we lose either Virgil or Konate to a long term injury are we ok with Quansah, Gomez, and one of Virg or Konate (because one is injured) for the rest of the season? Iā€™m not ok with that and think it is unnecessarily risky considering we need to replace Matip in the summer anyway. We are fighting on 4 fronts!! Now I am not suggesting we panic buy and get just anyone in. A player we really like and is high on our list must be available. If we are not absolutely working to bring another CB in Iā€™d be very disappointed.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think if what you described happened, most people will be ok. As fans we can say what we want but the club and Klopp absolutely stands on the right player, right time, right price ethos. And this is what I admire of Klopp and this club, we stand behind a principle and will die on that hill. Yes stubborn, some says, Scrooges, some said but that is a club that stands out from the rest.

But of course there is every possible chance we will buy someone but if the selling club wants double or triple the valued price? Unless maybe the club believes he is the next VVD, we wonā€™t overpay

Did either of Bradley or Ramsey play left back occassionally?

Ramsay was also the Scottish young player of the year in his first and only full season in thd Aberdeen first team

4 Likes

Not sure Iā€™m liking where youā€™re going with this.

Fingers crossed he can finally get fit, lad has had nothing but bad luck since joining.

6 Likes

If Trent continues to play in the hybrid right back position , the route to the first team for Bradley might just be him playing as an inverted left wingback.

1 Like

Or his emergence may mean that JK finally puts TAA in midfield.

This is where I am too. Quansah has been a revelation, and itā€™s great to see. Even with his emergence we look vulnerable at the back, as one more injury could really disrupt us.

So I would be doing my utmost to sign another defender, probably a central defender, and if a left footer, so much the better. The last part is not a hill Iā€™d die on, as the main thing is he is a good player, well scouted, and one we want in our long term plans.

No panic buys, nothing like that.

And if we donā€™t make a signing this window we might be fine, but we are sailing close to the wind, and it seems unnecessary (unless targets are simply not available, which Iā€™ve no idea about).

1 Like

Tough oneā€¦ Iā€™m not sure about that.

If our first couple choices for CB were available for a reasonable fee then yes but otherwise no. I think the club would pull the trigger if such a target were available.

What would we do if we went further down the list and bought one of the more attainsble midfielders like Amrabat last January when we really needed a midfielder? Equally we could have bought Douglas Luiz who is doing quite well.

Youā€™ve also made it a foregone conclusion that one of VVD or Konate will be injured long-term. That is very different to being willing to take the risk of one being injured while we have the other 3 healthy.

Iā€™m also assuming this "bad caseā€™ would happen after the window closes because we would probably panic buy if it happens before. Even if such a case happened - if it happened in Feb - I think it would impact us a fair bit. But in March or April, I think the impact would be marginal.

3 Likes

I think if anything, weā€™re seeing the benefits of Kirkby over Melwood with the youth team training at the same facility as the senior squad.

8 Likes

Possible they were long term planning for an inevitable Trent move to midfield. We have had two LBs, very close in age, that had bolstered that side of the defense for a while. At least until this year. Not much drop off when Kostas comes on, he has proven to be PL worthy.

Klopp & Co may have liked Bradley, but liked the idea of bringing in another young RB with loads of potential, and working them both into the first team. Then they could move Trent into midfield, with two capable RBs to carry that side of the defense for years forward. Solid planning IMO.

1 Like

Is it too much to ask for a fun unreliable rumor while we have to wait for what feels like a month until the Brentford match? Come on!

Here you go

12 days in an weā€™ve not been able to put together a player rumour thread. Might be a not-so-silly window for us.

3 Likes

Itā€™s Bournemouth :wink:

After all these years we should stop flapping about and just get it it done.
Give him 100mp signing on and pay him the same as Mo.
What could go wrong .
:roll_eyes:

If we sign someone itā€™s going be a left field signing a bit like Endo or Gakpo.

Generally what happens now I know Macallister was well rumoured as was Gravenberch but Dom was literally 2-3 days, Endo was just then and Gakpo was the same.

These arenā€™t massively small names. And i think Graverberch rumour came from German sources.

We donā€™t do our business in public which is fine by me.

5 Likes

Just what I neededā€¦.thank you!