The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I think this headline from the Guardian may be of interest to some:

Football transfer rumours: Liverpool head suitors for Kylian Mbappé?

And it reads:
World Cup-winning striker Kylian Mbappé has reportedly served notice on Paris Saint-Germain that he wants to leave for pastures new at the end of this season and the word on the French capital’s boulevards is that he would be open to joining Liverpool . News that Mbappé is playing out his notice is likely to prompt an unseemly scramble of potential suitors and Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United have also been mooted as potential destinations.

The 21-year-old and Jürgen Klopp have long had a mutual appreciation society and as recently as May, Mbappé could be seen blowing smoke up the Liverpool manager’s nether regions. “They have made winning look easy but the truth is that it is never easy,” he said of Liverpool’s performances in the Premier League. “Performances like they have been having don’t just happen. To be as ruthless as they have been would come from lots of hard work in training and from having a very good manager.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/14/football-transfer-rumours-liverpool-head-suitors-for-kylian-mbappe

5 Likes

That quote…
:flushed:
In a serious newspaper like the Guardian?

2 Likes

It’s their gossip column- they just take the piss there.

7 Likes

For CB, 4th choice I think unless he leaves, Nat Philips will be the one depended on, at least for this season. Not sure Klopp is looking at any major CB signings for this season, if we are looking at a older seasoned player at low price for 4th choice, you already have a younger version in Nat Philips for nothing. Next season might be different if Matip moves on but despite the injury concerns, no reason why VVD, Matip and Gomez is not enough…

As @cynicaloldgit said. Hence it being here rather than me starting an Mbappe thread.

1 Like

I think Real Madrid’s offloading of Rodriguez to Everton on a Free this summer, was probably them in the process of clearing the decks to prepare them for signing Mbappe next summer.

1 Like

It is a move they would indeed have to make if they were preparing for a significant new signing, but he is deadwood there anyway. It was a move they needed to make regardless, and still need to get rid of 1 (Bale) maybe 2 more forwards.

Benzema, Hazard, Jovic, the two brazilian kids, Bale, Vasquez, Isco, Asensio, and even Diaz and Mariano. Even after getting rid of James they have way too players taking out way too much money.

1 Like

The most accurate analysis. Silly rumour.

As far as money goes, surely we should be above good? Two (Three if you include Clyne) big salaries off the books, Nike adding extra money to the coffers, offset with loss of revenue on TV money (Thanks again China x 2), and loss of match day revenue.

We should hopefully sell Wilson at the very least. He has no chance of making it here.

wish i had a twitter account so i could tell grizzkhan he’s considered too full of shit to be worthy of the twitter thread, not that i remotely disagree

given our recent struggles at the back i think holding on to gini and (potentially) moving ox out instead, while bringing in thiago (who’s sound/disciplined positionally) is quite appealing

with jones and keita growing into bigger first-team roles you could say you’re replicating some of what ox provides to the midfield on his good days

I think playing Matip and taking Gomez out of team for a few weeks solves a lot of issues.

1 Like

It’s been reported that sky bet has suspended betting onThiago to Liverpool… I couldn’t confirm as think the site is accessible only from UK… Kindly check guys…

No one takes that seriously here. About a decade ago we were staring bankruptcy in the face under H&G and Sky Sports suspended betting with us favourites to sign Ribery.

9 Likes

Yep, not to be taken seriously. It is true though, currently suspended the odds of Thiago joining Liverpool.

https://m.skybet.com/football/transfer-specials/event/25977191

1 Like

He shouldn’t get the airtime the lying prick. He is actually making profit from making up bullshit rumours and gaining a following.

3 Likes

Correct, within certain restrictions i.e. the fixed ratio rule***, interest paid on loans taken out by businesses is a deductible expense. Loan interest can only be deducted from profits if the loan is exclusively for a business purpose.

Repayment of the principal is not tax deductible.

*** Provided net interest is £2 million or below it will be unaffected by the “fixed ratio rule”.
PM me for an explanation of the fixed ratio rule, only if you are tired of life. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Has twitter engaged Operation Estate Agent watch and Airport Watch yet?

2 Likes

Now 3-1

Although if you scroll to the bottom of the lift, Juan Montalo Guillable is evens to join this week.

one of the the interesting differences between the US & UK. here, the vegas oddsmakers are basically the smartest people in the country

over there, seems like they fiddle with the odds and prop bets to generate interest

You missed Blackpool…

2 Likes

Wasn’t the £50 million paid last season part of the pre-tax accounts?