The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

What,you mean that dickhead club who were just desperately scrambling around to sign the mighty J Lingz,they’re clearly insane.

7 Likes

Reports say he is available for loan so that’s probably why.

5 Likes

Worked OK with Mascherano. Sometimes clubs don’t make best use of their players or the players qualities aren’t a great fit for the clubs playing style. It can be that it works much better for that player in a different set up. If its this guy let’s hope this is the case.

5 Likes

West Ham will also have their own priorities for improving their team. Allowing Diop to move on to us may give them direct funds or options on players we have and they would like.

3 Likes

Origi please

4 Likes

The problem with Diop is WH insist on us committing to buy after the loan we only want to loan him and send him back at the end of the season he is the better fit with his PL experience.

3 Likes

I will try to call Agger :wink:

5 Likes

Relax people, we mustafi centerback.

3 Likes

More chance of Billy Bremer to be fair

2 Likes

Already done mate, you must have missed it!

5 Likes

Saw the tweet of Klopp looking happy when asked about a central defender. OK, could mean anything. Still, any news on this one that we know of yet?

Don’t know a lot about Bremer but better than Shocking Mustafi.

Is it Bremer? Or Diop! The American fella? Someone else? No one?

I’m a grown man passing the time of day on a Saturday, slowly getting better from covid, waiting to return to work after quarantine… and all I can think of is whether or not we will get a central defender!

YNWA

4 Likes

I guess we wait and see I think we will get someone as a stop gap in now, problem about judging players elsewhere is the defence hasn’t much improved when they are removed. At this moment it’s not about getting a top class defender it’s about not being left with Phillips and Williams for a game or two or even worse for a long period.

3 Likes

Konate not in the team for RBL vs Leverkusen

No report of injury either that I see…

3 Likes

Anybody, ANYBODY but Mustafi. Anybody.

4 Likes

He’s been out since December.

2 Likes

FSG out!!!

He’s back in training.

According to twitter (so take note), Mustafi, Diop and Saiss are now the 3 most likely signings.

Saiss and Mustafi are out of contract in the summer so would presumably be available for peanuts, whilst Diop could probably be secured on loan with a small fee.

Saiss > Diop > Mustafi would be my preference. Didn’t used to think much of Saiss but has been good the last few times I’ve seen him.

Not the best options but surely better than what is already here. Wouldn’t be at all upset if we did a Houllier - Kirkland/Dudek double reveal.

5 Likes

I need some help from TAN brethren. I’m trying to figure out if I’ve been too harsh on Mustafi.

I’ve spent the last 24 hours digging into his match highlights and I simply cannot make any sense of it. I’m trying to convert how he would play in our high line and if, at 28, there is any room for growth or evolution in his game under the guidance of The Boss and his staff. And, would the player feel any sense of rejuvenation or motivation at the chance of playing here?

Initially my reaction was “absolutely not”, but our situation has become so dire that I’m left wondering if Mustafi would in fact be capable of doing a job for 6mos.

I thought of you immediately when I saw the Diop links. I said, @Kopstar is going to be hyped when he sees this! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like