The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Well I was reading how Diop was being looked at , but West Ham were insisting on a commitment to buy , and at £20m that could seriously harm our chances of getting the player we really want.

2 Likes

Mustafi could be a good stop gap. Hes never played in a good team in UK. Hes a world Cup winner.
We just need someone to come in and do a job fir 6 months.

Describing him as a World Cup winner is absurd when he didn’t feature in any game beyond the round of 16 in the only World Cup he’s ever gone to. He’s played all of 132 minutes in a World Cup 7 years ago.

8 Likes

in the spirit of VAR, i say Walshy is correct.

2 Likes

Whenever we play Arsenal, and I see Mustafi in their lineup, I’m sure we’ll win.

1 Like

You forget that J. Lingz is the hottest of young English superstar prospects and will go on to be better than Messi and Ronaldo combined when he gets older

3 Likes

Yes, but unfortunately that job is to stop the opposition from scoring…

5 Likes

He’s woeful. David Luiz is preferred to him. Rob Holding is preferred to him. Arsenal have bought four centre backs in the last couple years in an effort to not play him and their defence this season is performing significantly better because of it.

He may have won a world cup but that doesn’t mean he’s good enough.

3 Likes

Honigstein on the other hand said at the time the deal was announced that he thought Arsenal were making a mistake in signing him because he wasn’t suitable.

1 Like

Whose opinion do I have more regard for? Hmmm…

1 Like

I think it just goes to show how difficult it is to do business especially in the winter window, and probably how precariously balanced the club’s finances are.

1 Like

I do like Gab, but when it comes to German and English footballing crossover, then Honigstein is my go to source.

2 Likes

Hey… What have we ever done to them to deserve that…!!

Well, there was this…

https://youtu.be/hFgn1xvsyP4

3 Likes

I wonder if it is Diop and they are waiting for the game to be played.

Diop would avoid quarantine rules.

3 Likes

Sven Botman in the starting line up for Lille v Dijon in Ligue 1. Guessing that rules him out for Liverpool as well. :rage:

2 Likes

Doubt we are making anything more than a loan deal

2 Likes

Ben Davies from Preston North End, with Sepp going the other way. According to Anfield Wrap.

Nah we’ve know since October we needed a CB. Not asking for a galactico. A decent back up from league 1 for a few mil to do a job. It feels like negligence but since we’ve been so good in transfer market over 3-4 years there must be something else going on behind scenes