The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Bom Dia Hello GIF
He’s fine, say hello to your old club, Joel

3 Likes

Radio Leeds sport has just quoted this window has had the lowest spend of any window since the transfer window system introduction. Also the lowest amount of deals done by teams in the bottom 6 of the Premier league in any January window.

3 Likes

Minamino realising the best way into the Liverpool team is to play for Southampton.

Smart move, hope it works out well for him but can see him and Origi going in the summer and another forward coming in. On today’s evidence that’ll be Mbappe on loan for two years for £49 quid and an option to buy for whatever change Mikey Edwards finds down the back of the sofa when PSG come to collect.

8 Likes

So that’s how the club is financing the two new centre halves by loaning Taki out to southampton another win win situation another master stroke by Mike Edwards

2 Likes

Confirmed. Hope he gets a good run.

5 Likes

Happy with Kabak, exactly the type of deal most of us had talked about as being ideal for the club.

If he goes well we buy him if he doesnt we send him back to Schalke but he is certainly gonna get the opportunity to show his ability hopefully he grabs the opportunity with both hands.

Think there is a CB firesale coming in the Summer window. Obviously Virg will remain #1 but his main partner and the support slots are all up for grabs. Maybe Kabak grabs the 2 or 3 slot but given we spent nothing on Davies and Kabak I think their futures here are anything but secure and Matip and Gomez must be on the chopping block given their jnjury records. I like them both just btw think they are both great players but we need them fit and playing and they just cant be counted on. Phillips and Williams are also very likely to depart as well.

1 Like

I’d be amazed if we got anywhere near 20m for him.

So which one of us is Michel Edwards???

1 Like

Is that Edwards’ French cousin?

4 Likes

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Given the apparent interest in Upamacano and a couple of other names, I think we were always going to be focusing on CBs next summer (although the Mbappe rumours won’t go away!) . What will be interesting is seeing how the two new boys perform and whether that changes any thinking - we may just keep the current 5 with only Philiips and Williams going out. That will allow us to keep Hendo and Fab in midfield which will be essential if Gini is leaving.

I wonder if the Taki move has been on the go for the last week or so and is why Origi has been featuring in recent weeks.

3 Likes

With Taki going youd hope that Jota is back soon.
Origi limped off Sun so that leaves us 3 front players if Jota is still injured.

Not to mention Mane was missing, I assume that can’t be serious, I would assume Jota is back soon due to what you said.

2 Likes

Kind of how I see it, if Davies and Kabak do fine I expect decisions then need to be made on Gomez and Matip, the latter I would wonder about. Gomez is an interesting one, whether we trade up or not I guess depends on Kabak.

1 Like

Gomez so under-appreciated by some of our fans. He’s the best English centre half by far and still has a long way to go. He’s definitely our number 2 IMO.

I don’t even agree that he’s injury prone. Just been unlucky/bad challenges

11 Likes

I’m trusting that VVD and Gomez will come back, find their level again, and be our first choice pairing. After that, Kabak might displace Matip, who is injury prone, and Davies can have a good run at being a dependable fourth choice on shrewd business.

If Kabak excels, he has to fancy his chances of getting ahead of Gomez in the pecking order. That has to be his long term goal. His immediate goal is to settle quickly and make a valuable contribution, such that we sign him permanently.

The acquisition of the new defenders puts a question mark over Matip, for me, obviously along with his own injury problems. Gomez has had some long term injuries, but for me I class that a little differently to Matip’s ongoing issues, and as such, Gomez is still very much viewed by me as here for the duration.

4 Likes

How cynical of you. I for one am certain the timing of Mario’s injury update 20 seconds after the window closed was entirely coincidental…

2 Likes

If everyone was fit it would be VVD and Matip I feel but Gomez and Matip have had a fair few injuries, Kabak will come into that dynamic and maybe Davies if he impresses, the only certain for me is VVD is in any first team when fit. I think Gomez is an excellent player but like Matip he is no use on the treatment table, I’m not dismissing his quality.

1 Like

Hate kicking a guy when he’s down but based on recent experience, Matip is your first sub every time he plays.

1 Like

These say it better;

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1356370316369530882?s=09

2 Likes