The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Any players from Bangladesh you can recommend?

6 Likes

@Iftikhar do you have a favorite club in Dhaka?

1 Like

The present, and seemingly perpetual, president used to be a great striker in the 80s. Too old??? :innocent:

1 Like

Klopp said he’s not picky. :joy:

2 Likes

Not anymore. Haven’t followed local football for 25 years. Oh the derbies we used to have. Memories.

1 Like

I went to school with Masih Saighani who plays for Abahani Ltd.

1 Like

Seriously brother, you searched Bangladesh League??? Which Abahani, Dhaka or Chittagong???

1 Like

He plays in Dhaka.

1 Like

Dhaka Abahani then. But I think most of the games are held in Dhaka.

BTW, I used to support Abahani, sky blues, they were affectionately called. Mohammedan, the black & whites, were our eternal rivals.

1 Like

Is Abahani Ltd. playing in the highest devision in Bangladesh?

1 Like

Yeah, they are playing in the national league.

I’m hearing that Liverpool is interested in Nicolo Barella an Italian wonderkid midfielder.
Kind of pricey at 50m Euros quoted. But if we sell on Keita to purchase Barella, I’m ok with that.
Keita had potential but he hasn’t been able to realize it because he has constantly been getting knicks and knocks.
I won’t shed a tear if Oxlade-Chamberlain was the one sold on either.

Hendo, Fabinho, Barella, would do just fine as a midfield trio with Milner as backup.

1 Like

Jones?

Not instead of Barella - who is a good player, but Jones is one of our options, at the least, and very much like being that for the long time to come.

6 Likes

Makes no sense. Why would we spend that kind of money (specially when money is short) on a kid when we have an exciting talent in our own ranks.

Any investment in the midfield should be for a demi-Wijnaldum.

I’ve seen a few people on Twitter guarantee a Gini/Barella swap.

I know ITKs dreaming up swap deals that never happen has become a bit of a meme, but that one takes the piss, considering.

2 Likes

I see no problem having midfield options of Hendo, Fabinho, Barella, Jones, and Milner.

I’d just like us to move on some deadweight such as Keita and/or Chamberlain before doing so.

We will replace Wijnaldum for sure. We’ve learned our lesson about going short in one area and not replacing, I would hope!!

2 Likes

That name reminds me of Borini. Shivers

1 Like

Edwards has pulled off quite a few blinders but I think that getting one of the crown jewels of Italian football, a mainstay of their national team, who’s tied down to a long-term contract, in a swap deal for a player whose contract has basically run out, is beyond his powers!

11 Likes

Barella is hardly a wonderkid at the age od 24. I also think we’ll be targeting a different type of midfielder.

2 Likes

Haven’t watched Inter much but Barella has always stood out. He is seriously good and at 24 his best years are ahead of him.

1 Like