The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Great player when fit. Would snap their hand off for that money (in the current climate) given how often he’s fit.

2 Likes

Maybe in the few matches he started before in the past. We should of tested that theory with him in 2 on top… Possibly 442 diamond… Its interesting to know how he would of done…

To late now though. Needs to be moved on.

3 Likes

See a few outlets saying we want Aaron Ramsey.
I presume that’s to keep physios busy after we bin Keita and OX off.

3 Likes

Jack Wheelchair next.

2 Likes

I’d take it all day long.
We just need him gone. Maybe the warmer weather and slower pace will suit him better.
The transfer has been a disaster for us and it’s such a shame as he has so much potential but after 3 years of injuries and unreliability we need him gone - even if he plays every game from now until end of season (he won’t as his body can’t) and helps us bring home no7.

Take this as well.
Should’ve gone last summer.
Done nothing this season at all.
Next…

1 Like

Calcio Mercato is utter garbage, so no one should get their hope high. However, Italian clubs seems to have developed a fetish for washed-up PL players. Since Origi have a decent wage, pretty young, and have a decent record; he is still quite marketable, provided we stop being a cunt with the fees.

I feel the words ‘loan with option to buy’ hurtling towards this deal.

7 Likes

It’s not like we didn’t try to sell the likes of Karius, Grujic, (Shaqiri), Wilson and Origi last summer.

Are they worth more now?

Are potential buyers now in a better financial situation after 1,5 years without fans?

3 Likes

We had potential buyers for all of them the club has just been more motivated to not look weak on the prices we sell at. We’ve got a carefully created and nurtured reputation as a club that charges high fees. We can let that slip this summer and let the pandemic take the blame and just accept what we are offered. Then go back to business as usual next year. It won’t hurt our reputation.

2 Likes

Bit of an exaggeration. He hasn’t been the player we wanted, even though he has been good when available, but it’s not like signing him stopped us achieving our goals.

5 Likes

True…its just he has hardly contributed to any of it.
Shame.

1 Like

Keita is clearly a good player, but a good player for Liverpool in the Prem? We haven’t seen it much at all. If there’s a good offer on the table like the Real Madrid link above, I’d take it. In all likelihood it is a load of rubbish. In that case persist with the player, even if he hasn’t been able to deliver what we hoped he would.

Keita is down the priority list of changing players, in and out, and other deals need to be prioritized. However… if there’s money on the table, and the offer is reasonable, he can go.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t. I’d rather we kept him in the hope of him overcoming his injuries instead of taking a 25 mil. hit and potentially watching him tearing it up in Spain.

Besides, Klopp seems far from giving up on him and if his wages were as big an issue as most think, the club would be actively looking to move him on.

2 Likes

I might be a bit dim, but since when has losing 50% of value been good?

1 Like

A reputation so badly affected by his flop at Barca that it took him years to be taken seriously again. Maybe similar to Forlan with his profile failure at Utd, which is poetic seeing as it was together at Villareal that they both rehabbed their reputations.

4 Likes

A few thoughts come to mind. Since when has losing 50% value been good?

1. Since his book value is no longer what we paid when we did the deal. Amortization…
  2. Since covid reality, market has changed, so what used to cost more now costs less…
  3. Opening up a space in the squad/team, on his wages, for a more reliable midfielder, might be preferable

Like I say, moving Keita on would not be my priority in terms of deals we should be looking to do. But if there is good money on the table, it should be considered.

For the fee on offer from Real Madrid (not that I believe it is real) we night actually get a midfielder who makes more of a contribution for LFC than Keita has been able to, and then when you factor in his wages too, which are high, I think there might be a number of midfielders who can offer more than he has shown.

Again, I’m not ushering him out the door though.

2 Likes

Echo has become as tedious as the tabloids. :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Did we? Who?

I remember the £14m offer from Burnley for Harry Wilson, and some loan moves mooted in the press. But I don’t remember anything more than that.

1 Like

Burnley offered £12m plus £4m in addons. That was the only concrete offers we had. I remember Shaqiri was taken off the matchday squad due to some interests from Lazio and Celta.

1 Like