The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I guess one day we’ll sign an Italian who’s not shit and/or made of glass.

2 Likes

Liverpool are in advanced talks with former Real Madrid defender and ex-Argentina international Ezequiel Garay, 34, who is a free agent after leaving Valencia last summer. (El Gol Digital, via Express)

In other news we’re also tracking David Trezeguet…

3 Likes

I don’t understand this one. I read the same thing last night and thought it to be an emergency option joining now, for the balance of the season, as he’s a free agent. But what I read said he’d join in the summer. He’ll be 35 this year and there are far better options out there. Doesn’t make any sense for next season, even for depth.

1 Like

We’ve been linked with him so many times over the years, we’ve seen many times that we never forget. Hence Trezeguet.

2 Likes

For Garay, the biggest problem is not his age, its that he has quite a fair bit of injuries, that we will just be getting another Matip, an older Matip.

1 Like

Old crap rumour. It was said (I think in The Athletic) that Garay was offered to us, but we rejected it.

3 Likes

Ezequiel Garay :rofl:

These aren’t even rumours. They are borderline fake news.

6 Likes

I’ve heard the Garay deal has fallen through and we’ve moved onto Jean-Alain Boumsong.

18 Likes

:rofl:

Great first post

:clap:

7 Likes

We still stand a chance of getting Riquelme?

4 Likes

No but Simao is on the tarmac ready to go.

3 Likes

Italian giants set sights on Liverpool forward

Liverpool striker Divock Origi is the subject of interest from Inter Milan - according to Calcio Mercato.

The Nerazzurri are looking at the Belgian as a potential option to provide cover for Romelu Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez.

Origi still has three years to run on his current deal at Liverpool, but he has only featured in nine Premier League games this term.

1 Like

That always reminds me of them having Keita Balde.

That formation with 2 strikers might be more suited for him, as he’s not really a goalscoring pure #9 and not wingeresque enough to play out wide. So playing with someone up top might be the best solution.

Still, I expected a lesser side than probably the next champions of Italy to come in for him. IF it’s true, then even better for us.

3 Likes

One of my favourite players of all time. He used to just stroll about looking effortlessly brilliant. I always used to try to emulate him when playing footy, and to my credit I did half of it right.

11 Likes

:thinking:

:innocent:

7 Likes

Almost certainly bollocks but is it just me that would snap their hand off? I don’t see it as insulting at all just a reflection that he’s injury prone, only shows ability in flashes and we have now had to construct a fully functioning midfield without him as we can’t rely on him being there to take part.

4 Likes

No it’s not just you, i would take that deal all day long

4 Likes

:thinking:

What does that even mean???

All the transfers.

4 Likes

I’ve limited understanding of other languages but I think it translates as “bullshit”! Just a guess.

1 Like