The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Came on here to read about unreliable rumours, left with a degree in accounting and finance.

15 Likes

Had mentioned Donyell Malen a couple of times before, not that I know him very well but as one of those options who are actually performing well in good enough leagues and with right playing qualities and yet under the radar and who are not Mbappe and Haaland and would cost considerably less. Good scoring and assist stats, have good bursts of speed, seems more like a Firmino than Salah or Mane if we were to compare our current top 3, maybe like a Jota too and seem to play more centrally with his current club. In terms of attitude, that would be something that others would probably know better.

3 Likes

I canā€™t think of a game that we won because of Keita. I dare say that probably you and others can.

Itā€™s a bit harsh to call AOV ā€œdogshitā€. Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™ll be a lot better next season when he will have fully recovered his fitness.

3 Likes

Tricky little fekir, I believe.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think full fitness is returning, I think this is year three of his recovery now.

4 Likes

Thats probably overly optimistic.

3 Likes

Please say no, not another small forward 1.79 m who needs 5 chances to score 1 goal and that is in the Dutch Mickey Mouse competition.

No, no, no.

2 Likes

Re-signing Suazrez? Letā€™s go back in for Carroll and Downing as well.

1 Like

They were trash, even back then.

3 Likes

Full fitness has already arrivedā€¦
It is more a lack of confidence in himself these daysā€¦ which is probably worse!

1 Like

I think that is at least in part due to the type of player he is. He strikes me as the sort of player that may not win you the game directly through a goal or an assist but creates the situations in which other players will deliver those. Perhaps the goals and assists would then appear for him if he managed a sustained run in the team.

4 Likes

Fully up to date with my Unreliable Amortisation Rumours.

Can go about my day now.

13 Likes

Was just a matter of time before we get linked to Donyell Malen. Not that Iā€™ve seen him play butā€¦

Lozano, Neres, Bergwijn, Promes

We were ā€˜linkedā€™ with all of them but it seems that we donā€™t really go for attackers from Erendivisie.

1 Like

No chance youā€™re putting Luis in the same category as those clowns. I (sort of) understand the point youā€™re attempting to make but your execution went a little awry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Andy Carroll has exactly one more league goal this season than you and me.

7 Likes

But that one goal earns him 4 mil pounds a yearā€¦and weā€¦

Earth Seedcher GIF by ę°“ę²ęŸšå­rainpomelo

1 Like

And maybe for good reasons since our Pep would know alot about that league. I love players under the radar but if we are not going for them even if we have good source of insights, then maybe yaā€¦

2 Likes

Perhaps that points to us needing someone who makes more of an impact on a match, rather than someone who makes lots of short passed which may or may not lead to a possible goal opportunity. Someone more dynamic, i.e. someone like the player we thought we were getting when we bought Keita.

1 Like

Iā€™m saying he does significantly impact matches, just not in a way many people notice because he isnā€™t a MoTD player.

2 Likes

Not sure Iā€™d call this reliable enough to even be unreliable but interesting to see this is how the Echo believes it is if only because we are all bored during the international break;

2 Likes

There is unreliable and there is fake news!

4 Likes