The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

It’s an opinion piece dressed up as inside knowledge by an outlet still, supposedly, reliable but hasn’t really been for a while. I think it’s probably spot on though with a few things probably more certain than the wishy washy statements in there. Like I can imagine one of Shaqiri or Wilson being kept as an option next year but definitely not both. And if good offers come in I see both gone. I also think we should brace ourselves for at least one of Salah, Mane and Firmino to move on.

3 Likes

Echo is shit. :smirk:

2 Likes

If they don’t sign Kabak they will sign someone else in that position.

Philips won’t be 4th choice.

4 Likes

As the (insert name) is under contract, Klopp will not rush to sell. However, if the right offer comes in Liverpool could be tempted to move him on.

Repeat 23 times.

We already know the players we’ll be trying to sell. This is just lazy clickbait.

5 Likes

Worked though.

1 Like

Isn’t that just the Echo’s version of what a lot of us do here. I don’t think it’s pretending to have any actual insight, it’s mostly just common sense.

4 Likes

So augero leaving city.
I think they have Harland lined up as a replacement

Play really, really badly against us and we will make you the highest paid footballer under the table.

1 Like

Would make some sense - his dad played for them.

Yes, exactly right. His actions that lead to chance creations (there’s a certain phraseology for this that I’m struggling to recall) is ridiculously high.

1 Like

So Aguero is leaving on a free…Man City…the last free agent to join us from Man City did quite well didn’t he?

quiet tim and eric GIF

7 Likes

Liverpool fan too. Doubt he would ruin a 10 year legacy at City by coming to their main competition these days though. Be interesting as a squad option if he did though, still lethal.

While its not likely, I don’t think the stigma of moving from Man City to Liverpool will be as great as the other ass club from Manchester. And furthermore, its the club who does not want to renew him, so I think the 13 fans for City would understand. But just a cheeky suggestion although I think he can a better job than many strikers in the PL.

2 Likes

I can see Aguero going to PSG for a short stint, before going back to finish his playing career in Argentina or maybe MLS.

Would I take him at Liverpool? Definitely. He knows where the net is and would be a good rotation option, but it won’t happen.

1 Like

My guess is Barca will bring in Kun to keep his good friend Messi at the club.

Then probably sell Griezmann.

1 Like

In that case, I’d be a bit disappointed if Messi didn’t say a word or two. Does he want his best man at the club or a few more major trophies (especially the CL, he’s apparently not satisfied with 4 titles, although he really took part in about 3, and the last was a long time ago).

I struggle to see the logic behind pairing a 34-year old Messi with a 33-year old Aguero. One year after they felt like they needed to cut Suarez’s contract (and Suarez and Aguero are not the same, in my opinion it’s even worse for the current fit). But that’s for a different topic.

3 Likes

@Zoran do you see any logic in what Barca did with their squad for the last 15 years? :joy:

3 Likes

In attack especially in the post-Neymar era. Some terrible successive decisions.

3 Likes

Selling Thiago knowing that he would be perfect to replace Xavi and Iniesta was stupid.

Giving away David Villa and Suarez - both almost for nothing - probably some of the dumbest decisions in their history.

The fee for Pedro was also low but actually he should have never been sold. Good enough to be a starter and perfect as a 4th choice attacker.

Just some of the things that comes to my mind.

2 Likes

So the rumor is Firmino to Atletico Madrid for 55m. If this is true we can use the funds to help buy either Mbappe or Haaland. Nice!!

1 Like