The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Mo arguably flashing a bit of thigh and lifting up his skirt in the direction of Real Madrid? Wasn’t exactly forthright in shooting down the predictable question on an international break.

Bobby and Mo out, Mbappe in?

Mane Jota Mbappe

Tasty front three that. Maybe Elliot is ready to come back and get some minutes supplying them too? And perhaps add another younger striker with potential? Assuming Origi finds a new home.

1 Like

I think this might not be altogether true. A medical? In March? (From BBC rumours page):
RB Leipzig’s France Under-21 defender Ibrahima Konate, 21, has already undergone and passed some medical tests before a potential move to Liverpool. (RMC Sport - in French)

While Felix is still there (and Simeone is in his last year of his current deal), I highly doubt it.

Jota Mbappé Mané

That (reading left to right) would be the best way to deploy that hypothetical trio.

1 Like

Taken from James Pearce on the athletic:

Even if Klopp can miraculously lead his depleted side to Champions League glory in Istanbul or guide them to a top-four Premier League finish, talk of signing either Erling Haaland or Kylian Mbappe this summer is fanciful. Liverpool just don’t have that kind of spending power and Klopp has always said he’s more interested in developing world-class talent rather than buying the finished article.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

1 Like

I read a rehash of that article from The Athletic and it said that, aside from those who we already expect to leave, departures of likes of AOC, Tsimikas and Davies aren’t off the table. It didn’t mention any of the established members of the first XI, though.

1 Like

No shit. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s all either expected or something we could understand at least.

It’s not all in our hands and it especially won’t be in a climate like this and with a season we’re about to complete.

1 Like

Certainly understandable, although I quietly had high hopes for Tsimikas. We’ll see if he kicks up a fuss or if Klopp simply deems him unfit for purpose. The fullback situation isn’t ideal with Trent going through a slump and Robertson being played into the ground (I don’t know how much longer his body can keep up with this, he plays almost literally every minute of every match for both club and country).

That’s why I’d be wary of the club selling a backup player without having someone lined up already - we’ll see if there are some links with such players, so far there haven’t been any. When it comes to the “unwanted” players, I hope Edwards can get creative but I think that he’ll lower the bar this time in order to push through those deals. I’m quietly confident on him selling players with English passport but I really don’t know what to expect when it comes to Grujić, Shaqiri and Origi.

2 Likes

Yeah, by all bits and pieces I gathered on Tsimikas, I got the impression that the staff and players rate him as a pretty good player (of course, they have much more evidence from training than we do from the outside). In this case, maybe it would be more him pushing for a move and being a bit impatient. Robbo is so hard to displace. He’s a defender and arguably our most consistent performer in last years. Tsimikas also had his niggling issues. We’ll see what happens there, maybe some further conversations to take place in coming weeks/months.

2 Likes

He is also a victim of the continued disruption to the backline. If you are forced to keep changing the centre back (and midfield as a result) the it becomes harder to give Tsimikas those starts.

7 Likes

Yeah, forgot to add that. Even when it was evident that Trent and Robbo are struggling a bit (though more the former than the latter), Klopp said he found it difficult to change also at full back, considering the chaos we had/have at CB. So I understand both Klopp and Tsimikas. At times when maybe Robbo really needed a rest, maybe Tsimikas exactly had those niggles. I still thought he’d play a bit more than 6 times so far, especially since we slightly changed it this season with Trent playing a bit deeper than Robbo. In a crazy scenario if we lost more men, I thought Robbo at LCB and Tsimikas in was also one of the backup possibilities.

2 Likes

I would be surprised to see Tsimikas leave as he appears to be a good player. He just had some bad luck with injuries and illness. Presumably if he does go there must be other issues behind it.

3 Likes

Unless Felix goes to City?

Edit: I haven’t had my coffee yet, and I am just making shit up at this point

Nah, it all seems like City will want a proper striker/goalscorer to replace Aguero. We’ll see what happens at Atletico with Simeone in his last year. For now, I don’t see Felix going anywhere.

2 Likes

“No ones telling us anything so we have to guess”

Obvious we won’t but it’s just print anything now.

3 Likes

Riola and Haaland senior in Barca to speak to Laporta

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/12262932/erling-haaland-barcelona-president-joan-laporta-to-hold-talks-with-borussia-dortmund-stars-representatives

Two thoughts;

• Riola is an absolute wanker and only interested in filling his pockets - that to me rules us out of him and his cuntish ways - unless Haaland wants to come for purely sporting reasons.
  • Haaland will not end up at Barca - they cannot afford him, Barca meeting being used to drum up interest, raise the price etc etc.
4 Likes

They could if Messi signs a 12 month extention on his contract to allow Barca to sell him to Citeh for 900 dollarydoos which they can then use to buy Haaland

2 Likes

Agree, considering the wage demands are apparently £600k a week there are probably 2 clubs who can actually afford him - PSG and City.

Fixed it for you

7 Likes