The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Raiola and Haaland’s father flying to London tomorrow to speak with representatives of PL clubs, Liverpool reported to be one of them.

EDIT:

The super agent along with the player’s father, former Norway international Alf-Inge Haaland, are currently in Spain holding talks with Barcelona and Real Madrid after stopping in Germany to speak with upper management at Haaldand’s current club, Borussia Dortmund.

We know they’re in Spain talking to Barcelona and Madrid right now because they’ve made sure the Spanish press know it. They’re also telling the Spanish press that they’re heading to England next. Because they would quite like there to be a bidding war this summer.

As to who they’ll be meeting with in England, representatives of Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Liverpool. At least that’s what they’re telling the Spanish press.

3 Likes

From the Echos news roundup (anyone have links to the real article?);

Mbappe ‘price’

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly named their price for Kylian Mbappe this summer.

According to French publication Le Parisien, both PSG sporting director Leonardo and owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi have started to grow tired of Mbappé’s unwillingness to commit his future to the club.

The report also claims that the French side are aware of the financial danger of allowing him to run down his current deal.

As a result, it is claimed that they are considering cashing in on the forward this summer for a cut-price fee of between €120 million and €150 million.

2 Likes

Mike Edwards should be able to do a deal involving Origi and £100 million.

Coming to us.

10 Likes

:joy:

Looks like Edwards will be c*ckholding.

1 Like

Let’s face it we’re just going to sign them both aren’t we?

1 Like

Mbappe or Haarland next year? I’m more confident that we could convince Alf Haarland to come out of retirement and sign a 10 year contract at 500k a week.

1 Like

From today’s BBC gossip column:

Liverpool ,however, are not expected to further pursue any move for the sought-after Haaland and Chelsea remain the most likely English club to land his signature. (Football Insider)

That’s because we’re getting Mbappé. D’uh.

9 Likes

The only way we can get Mbappe or Haaland is to allow them to go to Chelsea or Barca and they will be misued and become so bad in one season and be available for 12m and we will buy them and make them superstars once again.

3 Likes

That’s over €120 million, so Origi wouldn’t be needed.

But we’d still throw him in as a gesture of good will…

5 Likes

Think you missed the joke that the £100m would be coming to us not them. As in Edwards is so great he’ll sell Origi to PSG for Mbappe and £100m!

3 Likes

I’m probably being stupid but more and more I see this as a goer! Especially if PSG links to Mane are correct, him going the other way would cover most of that reported fee.

1 Like

Leave Mane alone!

1 Like

Mane is a great player. World class on his day. But apparently PSG are interested and if sacrificing either Mane or Salah (both in the second half possibly even final 3rd of their career) got Mbappe (still very early in his career) then I’d pick Mane. Sorry. Salahs goal contributions are just miles ahead of Manes and we’d feel his loss more.

5 Likes

Mane is world class, not only on certain days.

10 Likes

Didn’t say on certain days. Said on his day. When he’s on form he is. Unfortunately for us he hasn’t been on form much this season. If he had we’d probably still be top 4.

Mo scores goals, Mane less so. So, if one of them is going, and we chose (ha! As if!) I would keep Mo. However, if the objective is to get Mbappe, and let’s say PSG wanted Mo to go there, to score a hatful in France, and we had to do that to get Mbappe, I would do it.

Haaland seems like the deal has a life of his own, and there’s a real scramble for him.

Mbappe seems like it’s us or Real Madrid, and as such we are in with a shout, strange as it seems.

1 Like

We keep forgetting the fact that a lot of Salah goals come due to the work done by Mane and Firmino. These aren’t three individual players but three components of an intricate system.

If we wish to replace any one from this system, the replacement must be compatible to the system or able to create a new system.

6 Likes

You’re tripping yourself up there. He’s absolutely world class. This is the first season his form has dropped. In our CL and PL winning years he was consistently brilliant. Would be gutted if he left.

And we’re not signing Mbappe. Can we just accept that and move on?

4 Likes

…and that’s on the back of three monstrous seasons. :heart_eyes:.

1 Like