The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

It’s strange but a lot seem to get wound up by this. You’ve said it true to me, it really does seem like we stand a real chance, especially with the mess currently there. He’d have to be committing to go to Real Madrid with no certainty over what Manager he’d play for and how that manager would then use him.

That’s why I want Salah as RF and Mbappe as LF in a floating two in front of a diamond or 4222. That suits both of them. I don’t see any formation with Mane instead of Salah working. Mane plays more like a winger than a wide forward on the right which is one reason Klopp moved him to the left, it got the best out of him. Mbappe supposedly doesn’t want to play on the right or central and playing on the left gets the best out of him.

2 Likes

Mbappé Salah
Jones
Thiago Henderson
Fabinho

With the width from Trent and Robbo.

Interesting. Very interesting.

(Strokes beard in contemplative manner)

5 Likes

Fixed it for you!

3 Likes

My savings would go on Jota scoring more in the Premier League than Mbappe…

My money would be on both (and Salah if he was still here) being in top 5 for the golden boot. One of the things about Mbappe is he gets nearly as many assists as goals, he’s not just a scorer. 19 goals and 17 assists in the CL for PSG in 33 appearances. A goal contribution every 73.4 minutes. At 22.

2 Likes

Fixed it for both of you

4 Likes

Offer I can’t refuse!

2 Likes

Not sure if it is watching LFC closely for so many years that where Jota is concerned, there is a sneaking feeling that this guy, once he gets into his stride, will become something very very special indeed… Had the same feeling about when Kevin Keegan signed…
There was a steely determination about KK from the first second he took to the pitch in a red shirt… Jota reminds me so much of having the same ice-cold determination to become the best he can possibly be…

4 Likes

I don’t know why people are posting teams without Jota in.

He’s been our best forward on a pound for pound basis, he just hasn’t played that much because of his knee injury.

A fairly small sample size sure but he looks like he has every chance of being a Mane/Salah standard player.

5 Likes

It’s not just the starting 11 that matter though. It’s just the easy visual people use. In reality for every two positions on the pitch you really need three top options. So in my 442 with Mbappe left and Salah right then Jota is good on both sides and the three of them would all play an important role, as important as each other and about the same amount of playing time as each other too.

1 Like

It does beg the question as to whether we signed him as a someone to compliment the forward line in the medium term or with a view to be the first replacement of the three, with this season being a settling in period amongst them.

3 Likes

Agreed. We, like any contenders, need 17-18 players of similar quality if we want to win titles.

1 Like

Unfortunately he hasn’t been now since before Christmas the amount of clear chances he’s missing is alarming.

1 Like

Because he’s old news already! I’d love it if Klopp could find a way to make him, Mane and Salah work in the same eleven but the reliable sources are saying that Klopp is looking to bring in a centre forward this summer - I don’t expect Firmino to leave, so that could mean that Jota still isn’t seen as a first XI player for some reason. This summer will probably tell us what Klopp’s plans for the evolution of this team are - starting with Firmino’s future role.

Sure, his level dropped this season, but for me he’s still world class in his position, one of the best out there.

1 Like

Which is why there’s talk of top clubs wanting him. If £128m is the true maximum price for Mbappe then Mane would bring in the vast majority of that fee.

Till his form improves you have to say was not is worldclass.

Okay, I have no problems with that. For me it takes time to become world class and it also takes a bit of time not to be anymore. I don’t like to change that every few months.

2 Likes

He’d be a dream for top clubs who are struggling for balance in attack, a dangerous player who can both combine and go in behind, but works hard defensively. Will be very hard to lure him out of Liverpool. Almost impossible I think.

2 Likes