The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Only 10 months between Tammy and Jota… I realise this is of next to no relevance, but I had to check as it seems to me that Tammy has been around for a long time already. Half expected him to be one of those 27 year old up and coming talents ala Jesse Lingard (Although he must now me a thirty something up and coming talent)

I like the guy for proving himself in the lower divisions and taking his chance under Frank. Never imagined him as a Liverpool player tho. I’m sure he could do a job, but wouldn’t be much if any of an improvement on Origi. I think we need to find someone with a much higher ceiling.

He’s got a better scoring rate and goal contribution rate this season than Jota. And last season he beat Jotas rates last season too. He’s better than Origi.

Its all about balance. When you alter how Firmino plays, the rest of the other players have to be adjusted too. Of course, a fantastic coach like Klopp, he has actually shown that he can adapt throughout the seasons he had with us. He went heavy metal and realized that was great and exciting but results in alot of other undesirable stuff. So he adapted. So for him to say go out to get a player that does not play the way Firmino plays for example, the others around this new player has to adapt to play differently too to cover spaces that Firmino use to cover. Does not mean it cannot be done because world class players do that, adapt to different balances and tactics. But its surely something Klopp considers when making a move.

1 Like

I like Tammy. Been poorly treated by Chelsea much like Sturridge was.

I hear West Ham are also keen on him.

1 Like

Klopp’s Heavy Metal quote comes from a time when he had a striker who didn’t play anything like Bobby plays. The point being the adaptation has come from working an anomaly like Bobby into the side. It’s very easy to go back to more orthodox players and play the brand of football that Klopp wants.

5 Likes

Abraham always struck me as a player who’d absolutely kill it at another London club - West Ham or Arsenal specifically. Terrific finisher but I don’t think he would be the best option for this Liverpool side, mainly because of his price tag and skill set that is mostly that of a poacher. I might be terribly wrong but he never struck me as a player who’s heavily involved in the build-up, who’s comfortable drifting left and right, dropping deep, playing in his teammates… I’d pass, especially at that price tag.

6 Likes

If we want a sure thing as striker, who can come in and definitely replace one of the front three, and still have years ahead of them on the clock, it’s Haaland or Mbappe.

But what if we don’t have that sort of money? And it looks like we don’t.

At that point we are looking for a player a step down, but who also needs to tick a lot of boxes. Abraham is tall enough and strong enough to give us a different sort of option. I don’t remember blistering pace, but he is fast enough.

What I do remember is he scores goals! And a variety of goals too. Arguably had Fat Frank not been out of his depth, Abraham might have stayed in the side, kept scoring goals, and he would be talked of as a 100M player now.

So there’s lots of potential upside to this. If Chelsea are looking to bring Haaland in, they will need to clear the decks. They will surely prefer to sell to West Ham rather than strengthen a rival. At the least they will have in the back of their mind that if he goes to Liverpool he could become a very big player here.

Still, pride often accompanies money, so I think Chelsea, with all their money, will sell, even to us.

Abraham must see all the chances we spurn, game in game out. He must back himself to do well here, if we are interested.

Put me down for a sensible yes. I want to dream about how Mbappe might happen, but meanwhile, back in the real world, Abraham could be sound business for us.

2 Likes

The other name I’ve seen is Ollie Watkins, not that impressed with him. Yes he looked good against us but we were utterly woeful. Seems to be built around pace and power, not a lot more.

Abraham is interesting but I doubt Chelsea sell to us.

Yeah. The reality is that Giroud got the playing time he did at Chelsea because he does those things that Tammy doesn’t. Seemingly the question was whether what you lose in directness and goals with Giroud you gain in bringing the likes of Mount, Werner, Havertz, Pulisic into the game more. Still, very few players in the game do that as well as he does, which is why a piss slow 10 goal a season striker has hung around for so long at the top table with a world cup winners medal

2 Likes

One of those players you can’t help but think he’d have been an utmost football legend had he played twenty to thirty years ago when football wasn’t played at unrelenting pace and when football brain was still ahead of physical attributes (for me at least). He also played pretty well against Liverpool, at least for Arsenal.

1 Like

Knew I’d rope you in with a Giroud lovefest :rofl:

3 Likes

Pretty sure this is Nikola’s TAN Skin.

He’s a very handsome man

1 Like

How does that explain his choice of TAN skin?

2 Likes

Game recognizes game.

7 Likes

As the gym guys would say over here when they try to explain their lack of muscles like those of Giroud’s, “I’ve got the mass but I haven’t got the definition” - I’d also add that I have quite a few grey sweaters and T-shirts and maybe a similar looking towel!

3 Likes

Abraham, Watkins and Giroud :man_facepalming:

what is going on matthew perry GIF

2 Likes

Low risk!!! Since when does £40 million become low risk?

8 Likes

Yeah. That’s actually absurd. £40M for Bissouma is the opposite of low risk.

I keep reading supporters on the socials screaming Bissouma’s name and as I’m reading some of those comments I’m not entirely sure they really know what type/style of midfielder he is, or how he would fit into this setup.

4 Likes